TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

2012 - The Silent War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yitian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject:

Japanese Director Shunji Iwai (岩井俊二), Second from right, visited the set. The other 2 are Alan Mak and Felix Chong.

Last edited by yitian on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject:

http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2011-10/25/content_23716994.htm

Tony Leung's new role as a blind spy

Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai and mainland actress Zhou Xou have joined hands for the production of "Windseeker", the announcement coming as their most recent project, "The Great Magician" is due for release on December 22 this year.

Some Hong Kong based media outlets have revealed that Leung received a paycheck worth over 30 million yuan (4.7 million U.S dollars) for his new role.

While Andy Lau recently announced his involvement in a remake of "Infernal Affairs", the original creators of "Infernal Affairs" have started another new production titled "Windseeker".

Co-directed by Alan Mak and Felix Chong, 90% of the remake's plot is the same as the groundbreaking 2002 original, which starred Tony Leung and Andy Lau.

In the action-packed flick "Windseeker", Tony Leung Chiu Wai will portray a blind spy, while actress Zhou Xun will also play a spy, starring opposite Leung. While the two leads fall in love, they also know that given their profession they can trust nobody - and they must pit their wits and skills against one another to survive.

Set in the old Shanghai of the 1950s, Leung, a policeman, has to go undercover as a gangster and becomes blind after an accident sustained in a fight.

Leung said that he did many of his own stunts and as a result, the production company had to pay a significant amount of insurance.

At present, the shooting is taking place in Shanghai.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Yitian and Jamaica - very interesting information ! Smile
Remake of "IA" ???
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject:

- Remake of "IA" ???

Just in time for the film's 10 year anniversary. Wonder what Andy's got in mind that he'd be behind this project, so soon after the original? Then again, maybe it's all just hearsay...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject:

Thanks Jamaica for the news article. I hope Windseeker is not going to be 90% similar to IA. Something new, exciting and better would be nice. By the way, I wonder whether Tony's character is still going to play piano or not, as he once revealed on this website? Is the character now completely rewritten?? Question
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah!, I forgot he was supposed to play a blind piano tuner, originally!

The 90% similarity applies to the Infernal Affairs remake to Infernal Affairs, though, not Windseeker. That was written kind of awkwardly, wasn't it? No wonder the confusion! So I wonder if in the remake Yan doesn't get killed? Maybe they're spinning it off into a HK tv series....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject:

Shooting of Windseeker has just wrapped up. Yeah!!

Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject:

Seems like only yesterday they started filming....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject:

Windseeker finished already ? Wow, busy Tony !
Hope he allows himself some days to relax now, round Christmas and at the turn of the year. Smile
yitian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Some photos and a poster at the press conference for wrap-up shooting of Windseeker. Busy Tony. Hope he doesn't get exhausted and maintains good health. Sad Smile

Last edited by yitian on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I have to say, I love that poster. He looks vulnerable, with Zhou Xun (?) leading him, but there's something to the image that suggests she's bringing in her secret weapon, and that's him. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject:

Jamaica wrote:
I have to say, I love that poster. He looks vulnerable, with Zhou Xun (?) leading him, but there's something to the image that suggests she's bringing in her secret weapon, and that's him. Wink

Also it just occurred to me that she's leading him without actual physical contact, which suggests a distance between the characters. I remember one article saying their relationship was complex. I'm intrigued!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject:

You're a keen observer, Jamaica, I like your analogy. I think the poster I found was a low resolution snap shot at the press conference, I'm waiting to see a better one to be posted somewhere soon. It looks to me the object between Tony and Zhou Xun is either a walking stick or an umbrella, difficult to say as is.
Jamaica

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject:

I think you're right, Yitian. It looks like it's probably a walking stick. So that means she's probably not leading him. Until you pointed it out, it looked like she was holding one end of a strap, while he was holding the other end; but in fact, it's the straight part of the walking stick, extended forward (and in front of her?) that looks like "the strap" where Zhou Xun's holding it, and the drooping end by Tony's hand is the strap on the handle of a walking stick. So much for me being a keen observer, huh? That changes the whole interpretation! Laughing Oh well.... Still can't wait to hear and see more about this film. Very Happy

(I have too much time on my hands....)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject:

Oh my goodness! Info just posted some hilarious news, under the Schedule section, about the shooting of that poster. (Sometimes, Tony, one can divulge a little too much information! Laughing Laughing Laughing )
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: