TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

My Review of Chinese Odyssey 2002
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject:

Niiiiiice ! Thank you for sharing !

BTW: With technical support by phone I managed my "Tony-Night" yesterday yet again Smile Tony watching in comedies is always a joy !!! Very Happy - even the storyline is sometimes a bit dizzying for us "westeners" ; ).
In "Three Summers" (an ecological/coming of age - drama) he acts convincing restrained - very "Tony- like"
Was an interesting comparison - demonstrating our idol´s versatile acting talent Smile salute
Zeefje

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject:

Hi Safran,

Your CO 2002 DVD should have arrived by now I guess.....did you have a chance to watch it already? Or do you have to organize another edition of your very own TLCW film fest Wink

I ordered 4 more films last Friday (3 used) to add to my collection....

Just getting ready for the indoor season.... yesterday we had 28 degrees Celsius here, but very very damp..... today it's clouded and more fierce rain to come....feels like October...

Have fun!

Zeefje
Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject:

CO 2002 is a charming movie. It will be among the next few that I order for my collection. I've nearly run out of Tony movies to watch - what a depressing prospect! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject:

Hello guys !

Have got the "CO 2002" (engl. subtitled) DVD meanwhile, but had no chance to watch it - yet Sad ......but the next chance for my private TLCW-evening will come Wink !
Have much fun with your new Tony-acquisitions ! - guess we western fans have a lot to catch up.....Smile
See you
Helga
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject:

Hi Zeefje and fellow fans !
Just watched my "CO 2002" DVD version (engl. subtitled)
Unfortunately Tony is dubbed and there are some missing funny scenes I know from the Original on youtube Sad (Tony´s wild past/ his first appearance.....Faye/Tony´s funny Duett.....) Nevertheless I really enjoyed ! Smile
redfox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject:

The English DVD version is missing some scenes, which were cut out to match the western's taste (I read this from a blog). Do you think this version is a good cut?

I'm not westerner so I can't say. But all these funny scenes are worth watching I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject:

Hi Redfox!

Both versions have a very different atmosphere imho.. cutting the Chinese opera scene really is a shame...as is the speedingscene (Tony's first appearance).
Was it WKW's influence In that case I would very much like to see deleted scenes that aren't in either version..I'm quite addicted to this film... I like sillyness....especially Tony's...

Kind regards,

Zeefje
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Movie Reviews by the fans / fanfics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: