TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

5th Asian Film Awards (2011) Nomination List

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: 5th Asian Film Awards (2011) Nomination List

http://www.asianfilmawards.asia/2011/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/5th-AFA-Nomination-List.pdf

I've watched only some of these, so I cannot judge them.
(I've watched so far, AFTERSHOCK,CONFESSIONS,NORWEGIAN WOOD ,ECHOES OF RAINBOW,GOLDEN SLUMBER.)
Personally, I am happy to see "CONFESSIONS" nominated.

I didn't like "NORWEGIAN WOOD". Mainly because of the mis-casting of all actresses, the story wasn't convincing for majority of the audience in Japan.
I am afraid I don't really understand why KIKUCHI Rinko was nominated for the Best Actress. Shocked

Let's wait and see the result. Wink
In The Mood For Leung

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I am familiar with Korean actress Jeon Do-yeon's work and have seen "The Housemaid"- I hope she wins.
I like her minimalist acting style... the acting style that is best exemplified by Mr. Leung.

I'm looking forward to watching "Confessions".
Eri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Hello Joe,

I haven't watched "The Housemaid" yet, but I also like natural and minimalist acting style.

I think over acting ruins the whole movie, just like NW.
In NW, the main actress was so unnatural, the movie became pointless. (and sometimes looks like horror movie or black comedy regardless of her actual intention.) Rolling Eyes
Only actress I was impressed in NW was Eriko Hatsune whose role was very small but she very naturally expressed hidden emotion of a classy and beautiful young lady with a womanizer boyfriend by slight facial expression.

I think some actors don't realize the fact that is "If you try to act with skills (and quite often with over reaction), it looks too pushy to the audience, and only natural emotion gives stronger impact on audience". Confused
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject:

Thank you Eri for the "asianfilmawards"- link !
I only have seen 3 films of all nominations Sad (Poetry, Golden Slumber, Monga) - and hope for more releases here and worldwide - soon (isn´t this one point/ sense of such Awards ?) - I´m especially curious for Confessions , the Housemaid, ... and the ambivalent criticized Norwegian Wood and Uncle Boonmee.....

In case of "minimalist and natural acting" :
I for myself call it "non-acting" and agree with you both.
In my personal opinion the rare, passionate super-talents like Tony make us forget the associated hard work and necessary permanent learning....
They make us see, hear and FEEL the character/role.......(the big difference between actors and ACTORS) - the greatest are GENUINE.

Emotional "outpourings" of your movie-loving fellow fan
Wink Helga
Yuka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject:

Hi Eri , Joe and Helga (nice to see you back!)

From the book, I expected Hatsumi san more elegant , mature and bright lady .
To me, E. Hatsune’s Hatsumi is cute but too girlish. Though we can’t ask for more since her appearance is such a short time.

For Asian Film Award ,I think Korean film lineups are in a wide variety of genre including Lee Chang Dong’s Poetry, Yellow Sea and The Housemaid etc. than Japanese lineups. Only memorable Japanese film is Confessions. Sad
I’d like to watch Uncle Boonmee, too. I missed it when it was in film festival held in Tokyo.

Everyone around me went home early today to watch 2011 AFC Asian Cup, Japan VS Korea in Qatar starting in minutes.
It’s going to be a tough game! Wink
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Random Thoughts All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: