TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Hot summer days
Goto page 1, 2  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Hot summer days

Dear friends and fellow fans

Hope you all are fine and the only reason for the lull in our conversation is the wearisome, brain-paralizing heat - like we have here in the South of Austria - since days ( over 30 °C and dry) - Nevertheless I love this season - I take it as "a tropical glimpse" to dream.
You pals in East and South-East Asia and Tony in HK might have to bear much more tropical, humide heat.

Hoping for a soon, little thuderstorm with refreshing summer-rain for nature and us !

Best regards & fare well !
Helga
francisc4

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

How are u? Smile

Sorry, I'm still busy with the auditor in my office. Still 1 more week to go until the audit is really over.
Btw in Indonesia the raining season is already started. Almost everyday is raining. And in some area already got flood. Sad
The weather is hot and humid. But sometime its really cold and windy.

Btw, is there any progress regarding our big plan next year? Very Happy
I really can't wait to see u all fellow fans next year. Keep on crossing my fingers. Wink

Cheers,
Cisca
Safran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject:

Hi Cisca !Waving

Our friends in the West : O.K. - but "sometimes really cold and windy " ? in Indonesia ? - did not know - hard to imagine for me.

Sorry, no News in case of our BIG PLAN 2011 - like you and probably some more of us, I am in "waiting position"

Patiently crossing fingers and saving money - that´s all we can do at the moment! Wink

Good Luck for the last audit week !thumbright
NewWest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga and Cisca and everyone else!

Yes it's been a quiet forum lately! over here in the West Coast of Canada

we've had a heat wave for the last week and a half, but now it's subsided

for now and we have a little bit cooler kind of weather thank God! it's in

the 20 degree range right now with cool air. It has been a rather cooler

summer than usual this year though. Will see if my husband and I can

join the HK trip, if it's in 2012 yes maybe, because we're planning a

Carribean cruise in Dec 2011 with my side of the family. Take care

everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Hi everyone! It seems Manila's summer months are over. We just had our first typhoon for this year. It was strong that brought almost a day of total blackout ( at least in Luzon only ). You are right NewWest, it seems everybody is in the silent mode lately. Maybe everyone is busy with their respective careers and families. Anyway, hope everyone is doing great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject:

Hello NewWest and marsha and all of you -

Heat goes on in here in Europe - sunny Today 38°C and very dry - green turned into brown already - Temperatures/weather is more and more intensively every year - global climate warming?
In our region only a few offices and households have got air condition - so a lot of people are suffering in this socalled "dog-days".
(But in a few weeks we will moan again that summer is already over........haha)

Marsha I recently watched your MG-website - very very nice thumbleft- and you already met our idol - Congratulations ! ( I am still hoping for a chance )
I retire now into my dark "dugout"

See you Waving
marsha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Hi Saf! Thanks for reading my blog. Yes, I saw him 5 years ago. That was a very brief encounter, if I remember it right it only lasted for 3 minutes. However, no matter how short it was, I must say that is one of the loveliest experiences in my life. One day I know you will see him too. I am hoping to see him again but hopefully the next time will be more relaxed and a bit longer. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject:

Dear Japanese TT friends !

Hope you girls are fine - not suffering too much from the humid heat in the big cities - or from too frosty temperatures of air conditions in your offices !
Do you still have any holiday-plans this year ? to Europe eventually ?Wink

If you are not tooo busy, I am looking forward to "see you" in Forum soon again - miss your comments !

Best wishes
Helga
Eri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Hello Helga and everyone !

It is getting very hot and humid in Japan, and I am quite busy recently.
Still these things don't stop me coming here to check the comments and write something.

Holiday in Europe ? I would love to, but I guess it is not possible this year.
Confused

By the way, in Tony's next year's project "Great Magician" (original story), "International Magic Competition" was held in London, maybe Tony is not actually going to London (perhaps in studio) for these scenes, but I am interested in what these are going to be like.
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Hello Eri

Thanks you for your friendly anwer, though you are so busy and the weather might be hard to stand then - wish you all the best for your affairs!
Sounds as if Tony will finish his GM -shootings eventually this year already ???

Summergreetings
Helga
Yuka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

Hope you’re fine. Must be hot in Europe, too.
I’ve been working day in and day out…in this intolerably hot and humid weather….
I wish I could sleep in ice cream.. Wink

Holidays? Most of my colleagues don’t take holidays more than 10 days annually…This is not a rare case in Japan. That’s why we are called as workaholic , ha-ha. May be some people don’t want to be seen as lazy or just want to try to show their loyalty to their company or institution by not taking holidays or simply just too busy or given high pressure to keep up their performances.

I haven’t taken any holidays this year except weekends and public holidays… I wish I could just grab a suitcase and fly away… but my job isn’t replaceable by someone else while I’m out of Tokyo. I hope I can take some days off from now on.

Don’t worry, I’m hanging around Roppongi almost every night …
(i.e. not always drinking…ha ha. Things are cheaper than where I live)

BTW, Leonard Dicaprio and Christopher Nolan(Director) were here for Inception’s Japan Premiere . I heard Nicolas Cage and Jerry Bruckheimer are in town, too. I feel sorry for them for doing promotion in this heat even in the evening.

I saw “Inception” last Thursday . Setting is unique but could be different if other actor played the main role ..ha ha.
“Memento” is still my most favorite Christoper Nolan’s movie. May be I expected too much for his new film…

FYI, a short trailer is available on Tran Anh Hung’s “Norwegian Wood” official website. Click left hand bottom where it says 特報. Snow , swimming pool and waterfall…hope this trailer will cool you down Wink
http://www.norway-mori.com/

Yuka
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject:

Hello Yuka

Thank you very much for your nice answer Very Happy
We had two days a bit "cooler" but still no rain and now the heat came back again (33-35°C) - cannot imagine to work under such hard conditions as you have to - poor Japanese girl !
Swimming in our nearby lake is my daily pleasure at the moment - AND the short visit from T. - she did flee from Vienna, where it is hot and humid "like Tokyo in these days" she told me.
M.is departing on Sunday to Joburg for several months.

Thank you for the movie-news and Tran Anh Hung´s Trailer (at the moment the pictures and music do not work well - but will try again)

Unfortunately no movie-news from me - But I currently read a very interesting "filmstudies-literature" from Qin Hu "The Cinema of Ang Lee" - about the context/influence of Chinese Philosophy, Art and Culture to Filmaesthetic-principles (sorry cannot translate better ) - very exploratory and exciting for me to learn more about the background - enlightening ! ( I already did read "Young Cinema in China" - from Qin Hu also.)

Wish you some free days , a soon "cooling down" (but not tooo much - Wink ) and pleasurable evenings in Roppongi !

Heartly greetings to all our TT- friends - if you meet !
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject:

Hi My Friends

I was busy, as usual, the heat is striking hard here, from 36°C to 41°C and high humidity and lost my job after twelve years. The crisis, they said.

So I am trying my best to be employed in a travel agency. No, not by chance. I am purposely trying there.

Wish me luck, ok?

Dear Yuko,
I think that without some free time we can't work well. So try your best to have a holiday. No, not a weekend, at least a week out of everithing.
And no, remembering your lovely meetings with Tony is not a good enough substitute for a vacation. Wink

Cut the ties and sail away. Waving

Suntan a bit Cool

Sleep Sleepy

Eat and Drink Plenty Birthday Drunken

Flirt Like Mad (yes, you heard me well, this is not an error) love

Recharged you will be more producive. Giving a kiss .

Is this such an alien concept to your Country?

Hug & Kiss
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
Yuka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject:

Hi Kat, nice to see you back.
It’s almost midnight here, but I feel like walking in sauna.

katwoman64 wrote:
Flirt Like Mad (yes, you heard me well, this is not an error) love

Wow , I like that !!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool
I have to print this out and stick it to my fridge door.
No, It’s not alien concept at all.
Thank you for your lovely advice Giving a kiss

AND....
Gook luck with finding a new job !! If you're hired at travel agency,
we can all ask you for travel arrangements when travelling to Italy. Wink

Buon finesettimana!!
suellen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Hi Kat, all...

Sorry to hear of your job loss. After 12 years it's hard to take and having to sell yourself on the job market again really sucks...

Hope that you look at your job search this way: out there in the world there is an employer who is hoping that the perfect employee will come walking thru the door and if you knock on enough doors you will be that perfect someone.

Btw, liked your comment about the flirting. Does that apply equally to married women too?
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: