TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Still on our tropical island ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject:

Dear Roman friend!

You are a fantastic "salty" cook - and Italian/Mediterrean cuisine is with some Asian food definitly my prefered direction of cooking - but yes, I must confess that sweets are not soooo my favouite dish (though Austrian Kitchen is famous for its "Mehlspeisen"!)
(Tony will probably have some problems to get the coarse corn-semolina (?) for polenta - haha )
New film recommendations ? (Park Chan-wook´s "J.S.A." - not his best - I knew already) Was very disappointed from my recently watched J.J. Beineix´´s "IP 5....."
Already read Murakami´s "Norwegian Wood" ? A MUST ! (here "Naokos Lächeln")

Take care -

K&H
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject:

Helga MyJoy,

as usual, you're right.
Probably Tony can't find the right ingredients, but our friends from Canada can, or from the USA, UK, North Japan and Czech Republic. Corn came in Italy from America around the 1700 and fast became the king of northern Italy cooking. Families survived of polenta and not much else. I have to remember to all the friends that corn is an oily seed, so be careful: it's very very nutritious.
On the centre and south of Italy it is only eaten during the coldest days of the winter months.
Apart this, I will add another Trentino recipe: with rice!!!
On one hand, I feel weak at the knees giving a rice recipe to asian friends.
On the other hand, however, I think that variety is what makes the world turn around...

A Big Hug & Kiss
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
Safran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject:

Dear Mimma -

I live in a traditional "Polenta Region" (Friuli - neighbourhood)- not only from corn, but from buckwheat (very healthy) too.
Our japanese friends will know from famous "sobe" (noodels)

Please stop writing about yummi recipes - so hard to resist - haha!

Helga
mangosteen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject:

Dear Helga,

Thank you so much for your warm wishes. It really is amazing how this forum brings people together.

Please come and visit us in Rome when you get a chance!! I am sure Kat would love to see you too.

Maybe if we're lucky Tony will go to the Venice Film Festival this year and we can all meet up there.

All the best,

Mol
Safran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject:

Hello Mol

Hope the last days before moving to Rome are not too strenuous for you - Take care !

Yes, good idea - another goal for me:

Rome - I really loved it´s atmosphere when visiting -
Or perhaps we´ll meet in Cannes, if Tony goes there -

or HONGKONG 2011 ?

Best wishes for moving !
Helga
katwoman64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Dear Mol,

I'm glad that you noticed it too.
It's true, this is a blessed place. A very special place where people from all over the world simply are curious about their different culture and heritage and just try to understand each other, to really communicate, without the aggressive/defensive attitude that usually happens between strangers.

I think we owe this almost miracle mostly to two very special people:

Tony, because I think that with his subtle and understated kind of acting style and his simple approach to life he attracts a very close - in personality - kind of audience, and, last but not least,

our darling and much appreciated Info, that is a superb houseguest, discreet but always ready to dissipate every misunderstanding that can occur when a large group of people that speak the same language but have a very different perception of the same can have.

So, thank to both from the bottom of my heart and,

dear Mol, feel yourself at home with friends.
We'll soon meet in Rome Very Happy
Mimma (hope I will be trim for our meeting) Embarassed

Sadako Sasaki
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject:

... Little by little,
the forum has become a kind of cultural crossroads.
And that pleases me enormously.

M

Sadako Sasaki
mary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Hi Dear Helga

I've been away from our tropical island and the forum for a while. I got caught up with work, and family. I was working late tonight but not feeling too tired when I got home so I thought no time like the present to catch up with everyone. It's now 2am here I'm the only sinner up and about but I have the forum to keep me company. I also have the winter olympics on in the background, ice speed skating is on at the moment very impressive.

The island has been in good hands while I've been away part of me still remains under my palm tree so nobody trys to take it for themselves but I am willing to share. I can hear the ocean waves they are calling me I'll be back soon picking up on my conversation with Tony. I'm not a good swimmer it's more sink than swim but I think I could manage to dip my toe in that lovely warm water...best wishes...mary.
mary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Hi Mol

Hope the preparations for your move to Rome are going to plan. It sounds really exciting I admire your ability to live anywhere in the world. It must take a certain amount of courage to move around the world. I love to travel but I'm always going back home after a few weeks away. I would fear being away from my comfort zone too long.

Also lucky you as you have the chance to meet our enigmatic Mimma. I think you 2 ladies will have a great time in Rome. I was there on holiday and loved the city lovely people and beautiful culture. Hope your time there will be wonderful...best wishes...mary
mangosteen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi Mary!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. It's been a crazy couple weeks, but I finally made it to Rome. I am still waiting for my permanent visa so I have to go back to London every few weeks until it arrives.

My husband has already started work last week, and I will start Italian school tomorrow.

I am going to try really hard not to get too much while I am here....but it's hard because Italian food is AMAZING!!

Thank you so much for your warm wishes and support. Please let me know if you ever in town again.

All the best, Mol
mangosteen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Dear Mimma,

I sent you an email Very Happy Can't wait to meet you!!
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: