TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Winterproof or hibernate ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Winterproof or hibernate ?

Dear Eri, Yuka, Jenny...... and all fellow fans - suffering in winter too !

I definitly love the summer most - no doubt !

Thank you for all the good advises and recommendations you wrote to Tony for his hard shooting in North-China.
Japan really has a lot of innovative and inventive solutions- for every "every-day-life-problem" - (and we already discussed the impressing bath-room-installations....you remember ? haha)

In our geografical region: Middle- Europe, in or near Alps, all houses and accomodations have heatings - of different systems (ovens with wood or coal heatings, but most heat with Oil, Gas....and newer ones with biological more lasting effects (?)-alternative ones, hope you understand )
I´ve heard, in your Region Kansai, (or Tokyo surrounding and in the southern regions) houses have no heating for all rooms together, because the winters are not so hard and your traditional methods are so cosy !
In Hokkaido and the northern parts of Japan .......I hope they have effective heating systems too.
Here, indoors it is warm in all rooms - as warm as you regulate - but the air is too dry then (=bad for the skin like too cold temp. outdoor.......too)
Is humidity and climate the answer ? - the reason, why you have so wonderful skin-teint most and Asian people always look younger ? (Same effect as skin of an apple..... )
Outdoor we are used to wear like "onions" and fashion has a big variety of warm and though (more or less) stylish designs.
We need much more different kind of clothes for our 4 extrem seasons - For poorer people often too expensive - like the high costs for heatings !!

I envy all you guys, living in warmer regions ! Sometimes I feel to be born on the wrong place - and - unfortunately I´ve no chance to flee (and fly) to my beloved Sout-East-Asia......... for the next months !

I only "survive" this time with warm, sunny music (at this moment with the beautiful Soundtracks from different Tony´s WKW-films......... and his warm voice.........~~~~~~hhhmmm~~~~~~~~~~~hhhmmmmm~~~~~~~~hhmmmmm)

Stupid from cold -

Helga
Jan, 13 th, 11 15 h a.m, -5°C, cloudy and grey .....
Yuka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject:

Hello Helga,
I like winter. But not -30C environment. I like the climate with four distinct seasons.
But sometimes I want to get away with changing clothes for the new season..It’s so tiresome …
I know I’m just too lazy.. Crying or Very sad

We just had a first snow (just a little) in Tokyo yesterday. It’s always a big news if snow piles up more than 3-5cm.
Because we’re not used to walk in the snow in Tokyo, so many people find it hard to commute to work.
I think Hokkaido is more equipped with heating system compared to other cities in Japan.
mangosteen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

I really hate the cold too...especially the dark, grey days. It wouldn't be so bad if the sun would come out once and while Confused

Lets run away to Southeast Asia together Cool Even if it's just in our minds.

xo, Mol Very Happy
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Hello Mol

Thank you for this kind invitation. Good idea - let´s dream together !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Oh, do you also smell the beautiful scent of flowers and fruits already ? - a bit mixed with the smell of open fire and excellent dishes, served near the beach, in the shadow of some palm trees ? and ....... pssst, listen to the waves, the everlasting sound of the sea ! Let´s run over there - huuuuuch, take care, the sand is hot ------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
See you
Helga
mangosteen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

What a beautiful day at the beach...the sun feels so warm and lovely. The water is blue and gorgeous. The hot soft sand feels wonderful squishing between our toes. The sound of of the crashing waves hypnotic. We have the best view in our lounge chairs enjoying our freshly cracked coconut drinks. Laughing

Ahhhhhhh!! sunny

Last edited by mangosteen on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Hello Helga,

In my place, there are gas under floor heater, High Cotatsu and Air conditioners which can work as heater and cooler in each room.
Unfortunately, they are all using gas or electricity, so I would like to have a solar power panels on the roof to produce our own energy in the future. Wink

My family don't like the rooms too hot, so we prefer around 22¢XC in the winter, so we don't need very strong heater (and 26¢XC in the summer to save energy).

I've heard that people in Hokkaido likes to keep indoors very hot around 28¢XC (almost like summer) so that they can wear only T shirt and shorts at home and eat ice cream (Hokkaido has the highest consumption of ice cream in the winter). Laughing

Hello mangosteen,

I used to live in England so I know the dreadful winter, day time is so short and quite often even the precious day time is dark with grey clouds. Crying or Very sad
Hope dreaming about South East Asia with Helga is a little help for your winter days.

Eri @ cold but sunny part of Japan around 5 to 8¢XC
mangosteen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Dear Eri,

Thank you for your warm encouragement.
It's suppose to get up to 7 C this weekend...so I think it will be warm enough to jog outside again, yay!! Applause I was starting to get really bad cabin fever, it's never been this cold for so long here. I shouldn't complain since other people have it way worse...like poor Tony freezing at -30 in northern China Sad

xo, M
Eri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject:

Hello again, mangosteen Very Happy

Happy to hear that it is going to warm up to 7 degree C, for you.

Enjoy jogging this weekend and recover from cabin fever. sunny

Let's hope Tony is going to get thru shooting in this tough location. Pray
Safran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject:

Dear Eri ,
and all fellow fans who want to flee into warmth -

You are heartly invited to visit mangosteen and me on our beautiful island -
Loungechairs, sunshades and Coconut Drinks are ordered already !!!

(28 °C on our sunny island with swimsuit and Coconut Drink.......or 28 °C in a Hokkaido´s home - with T-shirt and ice-cream ? - Better join us in winter !)

See you
Helga
suellen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Mangosteen and Helga,

The cold can be dangerous if your not used to it.

I'm so there on your island in the sun!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Hello suellen and fellow fans !

Yes, Tony is not used the cold, so

let´s all WARM UP TONY telepathically -

by thinking on him and fetching him - in mind - to our sunny tropical island !

Greetings
Helga
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject:

Hi Helga,

It has warmed up here in Toronto, however it's nowhere near the tropical island you described! But if we concentrate hard enough, maybe we can make it happen. Then of couse, the easy part would be to teleport Tony there with us. Cool

Jenny
Safran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject:

Dear Jenny and all island-beauties !

Ohhhhh, what a beautiful imagination - Let´s concentrate now - together!

Who knows ?
Helga
mangosteen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject:

Hello Ladies,

All of us on a warm tropical island with Tony.....now that would be paradise!!
I guess I'd better get more lounge chairs out Laughing
mary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject:

Hi everyone

Think I want to join you, afraid of missing out on the fun.

Mol- please put my lounge chair under the shade of a palm tree. I'm not fond of too much sun like Yuka I prefer winter, but also enjoy the mix of the four seasons. I'm also not so keen on change of clothes for the seasons so much hassle.

Helga- beside my palm tree place my favourite drink you know what it is, served in a tall glass plenty of ice and a slice of lemon. After I've tasted heaven I will be ready for the coconut drink perhaps a Pina Colada.

I will pass on a swimsuit, too scary girls perhaps a nice sundress with matching sunhat case of sunstroke. I wont have time for swimming anyway as I'll be asking Tony all the things I've always wondered about. Hope I wont annoy him too much.

Mimma- hope you are joining us. There are so many from different countries but still room for your Italian charm and wit. Plus I need you to tell me what to wear on this tropical island apart from a tent to hide under.

In my thoughts I shall think of somewhere sunny I like sunshine but not too hot. All of us chatting and gossiping with Tony yes it's some kind of wonderful...wait for me I'm coming soon just looking for that sun hat.

Warm and sunny wishes...mary
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: