TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Happy Birthday Mother China!

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linnnggluu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday Mother China!

To Tony and all the other Chinese/Non-Chinese friends in this forum;

October 1st, as you probably may know is the Birthday, "Independence Day" For the People's republic of China, (and its coincidently my birthday, so me and the mother grow another year older Very Happy yay!)
The country has had a great history throughout the centuries. We invented gunpowder, paper, the wheelbarrow and many other things for our people, and many of these soon spread down the silk Road to Europe and other countries across the seas.
We held the 2008 Olympics.
We've produced star athletes, writers, and many other talented people (such as Tony himself) and much more/
Up till 1949, and I guess today in 2009, China has had many great, as well as "un great" things to convey to the the world but noneless, whether you are part or whole Chinese, you are still from the "Middle Country". Whether you live in China, the United States, Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore or Malaysia or other places in the world, we are still Chinese, and to some extent have yellow skin and black hair, black eyes.
Nonetheless, Happy birthday to mother China!, Happy 60th anniversary!

cheers,
ling

PS: Happy birthday to me to! Laughing
qqshao

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject:

To ling: Happy Birthday!!
You're lucky to be born on our National Day.

To all Chinese friends: Happy National Day!!
I'm so proud of being Chinese.

Even though I'm in NYC now, I'll watch the National Day parades online tomorrow. so excited about it.

Jie
francisc4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject:

Dear linnnggluu,
Happy Birthday !!! Wish u all the best, and may God bless u in everything that u do. Very Happy

And I also want to say "Happy National Day" to all of my chinese friends.

Cheers,
Cisca
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject:

First of all congratulations to you ling !
----- but also to China and all proud Chinese fellow fans !

I am a "non-chinese" and bewonder as almost all people your great ancient culture and the many of your achievements - you brought to good old Europe too.

Chinese people allover the world are famous for their holding together, solidarity and keeping their language, beloved food and customs....- wherever they live. For me this is a very sympathic characteristic - for some others it may be a bit alarming.

For the future I wish China, Chinese people and all "the rest of the world" (hahaha) - to keep and care the own identity, history and culture in this fast developing materialistic times.
We all can learn so much from each other - and nobody is perfect! So let´s never forget to be openminded and tolerant to all other cultures - if we understand or not - they have the same human rights !

In the infinite Universe our Earth is like a very small grain of sand - and it is the only place where human beings live (as far as we know!) - so let´s
take good care of it !

Once again now: Best wishes for the future of your beautiful China !
cutiepie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject:

Happy birthday Ling, and thank you so much for your passionate and also wise words!

Happy birthday, and I love you, China!

Thank you all for your kind wishes, and all your sincere advice and reminders are greatly appreciated here~ Laughing

Last edited by cutiepie on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
marsha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Happy, Happy Birthday Ling ( is it okay to call you this way? Wink )!! I wish you'll have more birthdays to celebrate with friends, family, and of course your beloved country Zhong guo. China occupies a special place in my heart. Just like you I am alos proud of her accomplishment as a civilization. You know what even here in the Philippines, Chinese influences are very much present.

Happy Birthday Ling!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Happy Birthday ling
Have fun, enjoy.

Also Happy National Day
All Chinese enjoy your day.

As ling wrote China has done great and ungreat in it's history this could be said of any country or culture. Hope in the future mostly great is done also a better understanding and tolerence between all nations is achieved.

Like many I admire alot of things from your culture, so much for your people to be proud of. In my country we have a big population of Chinese most mix some don't. Like my people some are good some are not as good but the majority are hard working and courteous causing no harm to others. All they want is to make an honest living and work hard doing this. Some start up their own business and employ my people which helps everyone concerned.

Over the years there has become a better understanding of the Chinese community in our country and events take place celebrating their culture. The most famous event is obviously Chinese New Year with other events during the year when we get samples of chinese traditions and taste wonderful chinese cuisine. Unfortunately there is still a little predjudice I won't pretend otherwise but this is from people who don't know any better, for the most part we respect Chinese as they bring alot to our country. We can learn from eachother.

It can't be easy leaving your country (for anyone) and starting over in a foreign place, I admire anyone who does, it takes alot of courage and determination. Living in 2 different cultures must be conflicting while you have to try to embrace a new one you also have to try remaining true to your own.

Best wishes to everyone...mary.
mimijapan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject:

Happy Birthday ling Birthday

Happy National Day of China!!

Yumi
Tony

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject:

This might be a bit late , anyway.............

Happy Brithday Ling
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject:

Happy BDay!!

Forks and noodles (the famous "spaghetti") came from China with Marco Polo, not to mention paper made money, spices and, yes, silk.

Thank you!
Kiss
Mimma the BusyKat

Sadako Sasaki
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: