TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

HK famous TVdrama Producer said...

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nancix**

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:30 am    Post subject: HK famous TVdrama Producer said...

港大牌監制論"大牌":梁朝偉最細膩周潤發最聽話

2009年08月17日17:25 來源:《羊城晚報》
http://hm.people.com.cn/BIG5/83174/9875904.html

在香港無線工作滿四十年的大牌監制“添哥”李添勝,多年來參與制作的經典名作包括《狂潮》、《家變》、《網中人》、《鹿鼎記》、《射雕英雄傳》等,而近期爆紅的《巾幗梟雄》亦是佳作。除了制作出色外,添哥在選角上可謂眼光獨到,往往點石成金———今時今日的多位紅星如周潤發、劉德華、梁朝偉、周星馳、鄭裕玲,乃至近期爆紅的“柴九”黎耀祥等,都是由添哥大膽起用才當上主角的。難怪向來甚少公開致謝的周星馳,憑《少林足球》榮膺香港電影金像獎“最佳男主角”時,也特別感謝李添勝當年的啟發。

添哥見盡無線今昔的當家小生花旦,在芸芸演員當中,遇到過最聽話的周潤發,但也曾碰上過麻煩的繆騫人———她在拍攝中途突然一走了之,留下一個爛攤子,搞得他七竅生煙,陣腳大亂……近日,李添勝在《志雲飯局》上說起了當初發掘這些“一哥一姐”的種種趣事———

[劉德華&梁朝偉]

為什麼選劉德華演《獵鷹》?

問:當初是你發掘劉德華出任《獵鷹》男主角的?

李添勝:劉德華除了外形好之外,其實他有今時今日的成就,絕對是合情合理的。當時我拍《過客》裡一幫熱血學生合唱《鬆花江上》的戲,其中有一個年輕人表現很投入,而且外形不錯,我立刻叫人抄下他的名字———就是劉德華……到開拍《獵鷹》時,剛巧其他小生都在拍劇,需要起用一個新人,於是我沒有多想,就用了華仔。其實,用新人就是靠膽識。

問:你似乎非常喜愛劉德華,后來蕭笙叔開拍《神雕俠侶》,也是你推薦華仔去演楊過?

李添勝:我跟蕭笙叔提出:用劉德華吧,沒有其他更適合的了……果然,《神雕俠侶》令他更上一層樓。

問:那梁朝偉呢?

李添勝:無可置疑,那時候“五虎將”裡梁朝偉的戲是最細膩的,但可能在型格、戲路上略遜於華仔。這個演員真是好難得,演戲演得這麼細膩的演員不多。他后來演了韋小寶,這個角色應該找不到第二個人可以像他那麼惟妙惟肖了

[商天娥&劉嘉玲]

為什麼選商天娥演“阿珂”?

問:韋小寶有七個老婆,以阿珂最漂亮,當時你選了商天娥演阿珂,而不選劉嘉玲,是不是你覺得娥姐靚過劉嘉玲?

李添勝:不是。靚的標准在哪裡?在TVB做得了當家花旦的,一定不會丑到哪裡去,隻不過各花入各眼,我就喜歡娥姐的性格———她那份倔強的氣質與阿珂這個角色非常接近。沒錯,劉嘉玲比她靚一點,吳君如又沒她漂亮,但七個老婆各有特色,若隻以美貌去挑選,我覺得反而有問題,要看型格和氣質。(據說劉嘉玲好想演那個角色?)她演方怡也不錯啦。
<*snip*>

[周潤發&周星馳]

為什麼周星馳要當眾致謝?

問:眾多花旦中,哪一個特別難搞?你是否經常罵曾華倩?

李添勝:沒怎麼罵過曾華倩,其實她沒什麼,只是不開心時會發點小姐脾氣。他們也是人,每天廿八(凌晨4時)收工,零七(早上7時)開工,搞多兩晚人人都會有脾氣﹔到真的頂不住,就會打電話回公司稱病,是真病還是假病就不知道了……這一招人人都會,就算是鄭少秋也會啊!

問:有誰是完全沒有這種事的?

李添勝:周潤發。可能那個年代的人比較肯“捱”。記得拍《狂潮》的時候,我見他在化妝間的沙發上睡著了,聽得到鼻鼾聲的那種。我就說先跳拍其他人的戲,結果跳拍了三個小時,直到不能不叫醒他,我才親自去叫。當時我蹲下輕輕推他大腿,他一睜眼,雙眼紅得不得了———他真的很辛苦!然后他進廁所洗臉,10分鐘后就位開演,狀態沒得說,立刻七情上面。當時我就想,這真的是一個不可多得的好演員。周潤發真的很好,他跟你說病了就真的是病了,不會假裝,也沒有怨言。
<*snip*>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject:

Dear fellow fans,

Can anyone pls translate this article? Thanks a lot.. Very Happy

Cheers,
Cisca
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:

The article is a bit long, so I don't know if I'll finish the whole thing. Basically it's an interview with a famous TVB producer, Lee Tim Shing. During the article he talks about working with several famous actors, many of which he 'discovered' when they were relative unknowns in the entertainment business. One of them was Tony, which he talks about briefly.

Here is just the first part and the part about Tony:

Lee Tim Shing, a Hong Kong based producer has been at TVB for 40 years. In his time at TVB, he's taken part in many classic productions such as 'The Head Hunter', 'A House is Not a Home', 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly', 'The Duke of Mount Deer', 'The Legend of the Condor Heroes' and latest hit drama 'Rosy Business'. Aside from being good with his production work, Tim Gor (Brother Tim) also has an eye for picking out actors. Actors under his care have gone from nobodys to the most sought-after actors. The list of actors that have rose to stardom include Chow Yun Fat, Andy Lau, Tony Leung, Stephen Chow, Carol Cheng and the recently popular character 'Chai Kau' played by Wayne Lai. Tim Gor placed his faith in these actors when he selected them to take on lead roles. Even Stephen Chow, who rarely voices his appreciation for others in public, thanked Tim Gor during his acceptance speech when he won the Best Actor Award at the Hong Kong Film Awards for his movie, 'Shaolin Soccer'.

Tim Gor has seen all the past and present leading actors (siu sang) and actresses (fadan). In the midst of it, he's met the most obedient Chow Yun Fat but has also run into the most difficult Cora Miao. She would suddenly disappear in the middle of filming and he would be left seething with rage as he dealt with the mess she's left behind. Recently, Lee Tim Shing appeared on 'Be My Guest' (show hosted by Stephen Chan), and spoke of the memorable events when he discovered the 'number one brother and sister'.

Andy Lau & Tony Leung
Why did you chose Andy Lau for 'The Emissary'?

Question: At the beginning, was it you who suggested Andy take on the lead role in 'The Emissary'?

Lee Tim Shing: Andy has a good appearance. Actually aside from that, the amount of fame and recognition he's achieved today is very reasonable [with the amount of work he's done over the years]. When I produced 'The Lonely Hunter', there was a scene when a group of students sang the song 'Songhua River is My Home Town'. One of the students looked like he was very into the performance. He was also quite good looking as well. I immediately asked someone to write down his name - that person was Andy Lau. When we started filming 'The Emissary', it was a coincidence that all the 'siu sangs' were busy with their own dramas. We needed to find a new person to take on the lead role. So I didn't have to think twice when I suggested Andy. Actually, you need to be a little courageous when you use someone new.

Question: You seem to really like Andy. When Uncle Siu Sang started filming 'The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber', were you the one who recommended him for the role?

Lee Tim Shing: I told Uncle Siu Sang to use Andy. There wasn't another person suitable for the role. It's not surprising that the role in 'The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber' allowed Andy to reach a new level.

Question: What about Tony Leung?

Lee Tim Shing: Without a doubt, during the time of the 'Five Tigers', Tony acting was the most exquisite and detailed. But in comparison to Andy, he lost out a bit on his image. An actor like Tony is very hard to come by. There aren't that many actors that are so attentive to the smallest details. Later when Tony played the part of 'Wai Siu Bo', there couldn't possibly be another actor that could portray him as charming as Tony.

Last edited by sparkles_n15 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 am; edited 2 times in total
francisc4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject:

Dear Sparkles_n15,

Thanks a lot for translating this article. Wink

Cisca
katwoman64

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject:

THANKS JENNY THANKS JENNY THANKS JENNY THANKS JENNY THANKS JENNY

K

Sadako Sasaki
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject:

Part Two

Kiki Sheung & Carina Lau
Why did you pick Kiki Sheung to play 'Ah Ke'?

Question: Wai Siu Bo had seven wives and Ah Ke was suppose to be the most beautiful. At that time you picked Kiki Sheung to play her character and didn't pick Carina Lau. Is it because you felt Kiki was prettier than Carina?

Lee Tim Shing: Not at all. Actually, what is the criteria for being pretty? To be in TVB as a leading fadan, by standards you were already pretty. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really like Kiki's personality. She's strong with a hint of stubbornness that is very similar to Ah Ke. Although I would agree that Carina is prettier than her and Sandra Ng isn't as pretty as her, but all seven wives have their own characteristics. It would be a big problem if I based it on appearance alone. You have to look into their personalities and see how they'd carry out the roles. (Apparently Carina really wanted to play Ah Ke?) Carina's Fong Yee was also very good.

Question: There were a lot of negative reports surrounding Kiki Sheung when filming 'Rosy Business'. She seemed displeased that Sheren Tang had more screen time and was often throwing fits on set. Did you receive complaints from the other actors?

Lee Tim Shing: Perhaps she was a little unhappy with the role. At first the script had her paired with 'Chai Gau', but it was later cut which reduced her screen time. The characters and script often go through many changes so it is really unavoidable. I have to follow how the script progresses and edit accordingly. I realized that if Chai Gau and her character developed, then the drama will not be as interesting. Although I had asked her if she was unhappy with the cut, it's really outside of my control. My responsibilities are to the audience, in producing something they will enjoy.

As for the ending, I discussed with her first: In the latter half, your character will warm up to Sheren. But if you're not comfortable with that, then I have another version. Your character will die saving your son from the Taiping Army. I let her choose. Later she told me, "Let me be a little brave. I want to die saving my son!" It's not really a big deal since it's work after all. We're not doing anything to cause trouble. As long as everyone on the same page, then we will get along.
Safran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much, dear sparkles_15 !!!!!
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Part Three

Chow Yun Fat and Stephen Chow
Why did Stephen Chow give thanks in public?

Question: Within all the fadans, who was the most difficult? Did you often scold Margie Tsang?

Lee Tim Shing: I didn't scold Margie Tsang. She was actually alright, only throwing little fits when she was unhappy. Actors are human after all. Everyday the shooting will wrap up at 28:00 (4:00am) and begin again at 7:00am. After a couple days like this everyone will start throwing fits. When it gets too tough, they will call in sick. It's hard to tell whether people are faking their illnesses! Everyone knows to use this trick. Even Adam Cheng will too!

Question: Is there someone who hasn't done it?

Lee Tim Shing: Chow Yun Fat. Perhaps actors from his era are more willing to tough it out. I remember when we filmed 'Hotel'. I saw that he had fallen asleep on the sofa inside the makeup room. He was snoring, so it seemed like he was in a deep slumber. We decided to start filming the other parts first. At the end we filmed for three hours and couldn't film anymore without the lead actor, so I went inside to wake him. I gently tapped him on the thigh and he opened his eyes. His eyes were completely bloodshot. He must have been very tired! He went inside the washroom to clean up and appeared on set ten minutes later ready to film. I thought to myself, this is really one great actor. Chow Yun Fat was very professional. If he told you he was sick, then you knew for sure he was sick. He wouldn't lie about it, nor utter a word of complaint.

Question: Chow Yun Fat become popular after 'Hotel', but it also boosted Cora Miao.

Lee Tim Shing: That girl's talent was at unbelievable heights. Her acting was also exceptionally good.

Question: But when she filmed 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly', didn't she give you a lot of problems? Wasn't she originally in the lead role?

Lee Tim Shing: That's right. We were in the middle of filming when suddenly we couldn't reach her. She didn't pick up her phone and there was no answer at her house. We had to assume that she didn't want to take part in the series, so we were forced to come up with as a backup plan. It was a huge ordeal because it meant we had to rewrite the entire 20-episode series from the start. As the editor, Wong Jing was nearly in tears. He had to fix the entire script in a week's time! But luckily he's very fast. In terms of writing scripts, I don't think there's anyone quicker than him. From 9:00am to 5:00pm, he could finish one episode.

Question: When Stephen Chow won Best Actor for 'Shaolin Soccer', he specially thanked you on stage. What type of connection do you have with him?

Lee Tim Shing: Actually, we don't really have one. Back then he was on a lot of children's programs dressing up as vampires to scare the kids. I thought he was quite amusing and different from the others. In 'The Tribulation of Life', I asked him to play the second male lead. When I saw him act, I knew he had something in him. Although his acting wasn't outstanding, you can tell that there was something special about him.

Question: Stephen Chow reached success in his career and thanked you in public. Do you still keep in touch?

Lee Tim Shing: No. I don't have his number, he doesn't have mine. But whenever we run into each other, we'll always say hello, shake hands and ask how we've been.
sparkles_n15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Last part!

Why did you make the mistake with Chan Ka Lok?

Question: Do you find that producers nowadays are less likely to put their faith in new actors?

Lee King Shing: Their responsibilities are greater and face a lot of pressure to boost ratings. To be safe is almost unavoidable. Everyone hopes to find a popular siu sang so at least it will guarantee the ratings. In 'Rosy Business' I choose Pierre Ngo to play the role of the eldest son, which was a very important role. Some of my colleagues were quite concern: "Can he deliver?" I told them "there's nothing to worry about". I knew that person had it in him. When the series aired, everyone said: "You choose well. Pierre is very detailed with his acting".

Question: You once openly admitted your regret in casting an actor for a role. That was for 'The Legend of the Book and Sword' from 1987, which starred newbie Pang Man Kin as 'Chan Ka Lok'. Where was the fault?

Lee King Shing: Back then people said I was too daring, but I refused to believe it. Sometimes being full of confidence isn't a good thing, because nothing is for certain. Actually Pang Man Kin's appearance was good and he was selected from the 'Super Star' Contest. I thought he lacked a little experience, so I decided to give him a chance. But perhaps he also lacked talent. However, it was too late to pull back and I had to salvage it. When we were done filming for the day, I would call him into my office and meticulously go over scenes with him. At the end, it didn't work either. I admit I failed then. I choose wrong that time.

+++

It's actually funny that the headline mentions Tony because his part of the article was so short! I was already halfway in, so I thought I might as well finish it. Enjoy! Smile
Yuka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject:

Thank you again Jenny, for your long translation !!!! Very Happy
katwoman64

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject:

Hi Jenny,

Thank you very much.
Yes, the headline mention of Tony is funny, but maybe he is the most outstanding of the several mentioned in the interview.

Have to say, the interviewed has painted an ample portrait of a whole generation of award winners actors and actresses.

The description of the grueling hours to give birth to a tv series it's chilling.

Thanks a lot
Mimma

Sadako Sasaki
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: