TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Does anyone have any more information on?...

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Does anyone have any more information on?...

...The project that I've heard Tony is going to make with Wong Kar-Wai where he will play Bruce Lee's martial arts trainer. Also does anyone have any more on Tony's next project that he mentioned he would start work on soon in one of the articles already posted...I will try and find it again..
Info

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject:

See this thread: http://www.tonyleung.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2742, the information there still valid.
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject:

If I'm not mistaken isn't this film going to be called The Legend of Ip Man? Also I already see on the IMDB there is another movie being made on Ip Man with Donnie Yen playing the title role. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1220719/ Why make another one with Tony? Although I definetely know which one I'd rather see! Wink
Info

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject:

The exact English title of Tony's next project with WKW is not confirmed yet (no official announcement from Jettone so far), but it is a story about Bruce Lee's kungfu master, and we can call it The Legend of Ip Man for the time being.

Yes, you are right, there is another movie on Ip Man with Donnie Yen playing the title role. As WKW has been working on the script for years (as usual), another filmmaker just filmed the movie before they do. But both Tony and WKW believe the two movies would be very different.

Btw, never heard that Tony will be in the Ronin sequel.
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Info wrote:

Btw, never heard that Tony will be in the Ronin sequel.

I'll take your word for it then, Info. I don't know where Wikipedia got that information from. I looked up Ip Man on Wikipedia earlier and think that Tony is a perfect choice to play the role. If you look at this picture, there are obvious similarities.

Sorry the picture is so small, but I can't find any other ones that the similarities are so obvious in.
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject:

This message is for Info or anyone else who might know. Does anyone know if Tony is training for his role in this movie as we speak? He hasn't been around these parts in a month and I'm sad because I miss reading what he has to say. Could someone who can contact him possibly attempt to get Tony to come back on here, even if he just writes something short? Crying or Very sad
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: