TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Can you tell a reason that you like Tony Leung?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject:

theroane wrote:
truly talented people are usually the nicest ones, because they have nothing to prove.

I agree... I think it's not just his talent that makes him feel that he has nothing to prove... it is your journey through life that cultivates your inner soul.
Let us not forget, that Tony has experienced a traumatic childhood, which to his honour, he does not try to hide and talks openly about it.
Pain does cultivate ones soul.
I know what I am about to say, maybe a bit heavy.... but Tony in the end got lucky... maybe his father left him and had felt broken and neglected and hurt, but he was lucky to have a stronge loving mother that had tried her best to be both mother & father to her children. I applaud the senior Mrs. Leung Applause.

Plus, that he was rewarded with many people across the globe "loving and respecting" him, not only as a performer but as a human being and that is showing by our dedication to him...

theroane wrote:
I don't think it's a bad thing to admire someone because he's like your dad. I will be 40 soon, and I know now that a husband who was like my dad was--mature, strong, generous, loving--would be a very good thing.

All girls/women in the end, have our dads as a prototype (archetypo according to Carl Young).

PS: Happy -soon to be 40 years young- birthday! Wink
Jinay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject:

I love him, many reasons...love his eyes~...I don't know how to say ~~55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: the determination

Dearest Tony and all
hi ya there...! each has each reason to love tony!  Smile

Love Tony ....because Tony is Tony... Smile
And if I shall write the shape of Tony in my thoughts...
I love Tony...because of
Tony’s shape of affection, spirituality and understanding
thoughtfulness, consciousness in depth...

straightforwardness but only in good intentions
not in hurting himself/others

The unbeatable determination
of genuine goodness in strength in depth, with words or not

The serene determination
in rationality,
not to harm and not to be harmed
not to rule, not to be ruled

His rigidity in sticking to his genuine rhythm of his life or style
in peace and liberty for himself and all that is virtue 

love
goodnight night
7thclouds(mari t)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Why am I a fan of Tony's?

I was absolutely blown away by a scene in "Hard Boiled." I never saw the talent that this actor exhibited in anyone else that I have ever seen... (well maybe one other... Toshiro Mifune... sorry Tony!) But, no one else can compare in my opinion.

It was only until I saw that adorable police officer in "Chungking Express," when he first turns around and walks towards the camera and removes his police hat... I thought... what a beautiful man!!

I've been hooked ever since! Wink

-K
Ivy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

Because he is he. Cool

his face,his hair style,his smile,his eyes,his acting,his character,his life...all is unique in the world. Razz
I have been loving Tony since I was ten years old.
And along with the time going,Tony has become more and more charming, and my love to him is becoming stronger and stronger.

I love Tony sooooooooo...much! Embarassed Embarassed

wish him happy and healthy...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

The reason I like Tony....

From undercover cop to Don Juanism novelist, cool gambler to broken-hearted policeman who talks to soap or wet towel, he breathes life into each character with strong screen presence. This is the first reason.

But real Tony is quite, shy and low-key person. I admire his down-to-earth personality and behavior when he is off-screen, which makes me feel close to him like a guy living in the neighborhood. This is the second reason,

What's more, the gap between on-and off-screen makes him more appealing. It is irresistibly attractive....... In Love
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject:

There are many reasons that I adore Tony. He's one of the most talented actors I've ever seen. His acting style is natural and believable, you can always tell what's on his mind through his expressive eyes even when he says no dialogue. His on screen charisma, I can't tear my eyes away from him whichever film he's in. His boyish, mischevous and cheeky good looks. His sexy voice and eyes. His personality, he comes across as intellegent, articulate, down to earth and charming to me. There's probably many more, but that's all I can think of right now!
francisc4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject:

The reason I like Tony....
is because he's super charming, sexy and a brilliant actor Very Happy

From all of his movies, I really like his acting on "Hard Boiled"
It was my all time favorite, because his acting was so natural and the role on the movie (as an undercover cop) taking my attention very much.. Cool
leng

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I cannot say why. I just hope to be with him forever till death do us part. Just love him so much.... Pray
katwoman64

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject:

... because he made me laugh and cry, and I am oh so grateful.
Because he has such a charisma and screen presence that, if he also has just few minutes on screen you remember him for a long time.
Because with his ability he saved films that where beyond the dumb. Because he made seem wonderful actresses that partnered him and that are nothing special, showing a generous attitude.
About his private life he is...very private. He doesn't need to boast about himself, because he IS good.
BECAUSE HE IS THE REAL THING.
Bye everyone
K
Tony Obsessed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject:

I've told my best friend Lucy (who's never seen a film with Tony in before) that I've been talking to him on this board and sent her a picture. She had this to say about it. "Yes, he looks very nice. I can see why you like him!"
ben

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Okay, here's a different perspective for you from a guy (Unless other guys have posted in this thread but I missed it).

I think he is a natural actor. I don't ever need any "convincing" to believe his character no matter what type of film it is. What I mean is that, whatever type of character he is playing, whatever his role is, it doesn't seem like an act, it seems real and believable, like he is who he is playing. I haven't seen that with many other actors.

From what I have seen of him in interviews etc, he also seems very humble and down to earth even though he is very popular. And of course appreciate the fact he comes here to share messages with fans now and then.
katwoman64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject:

Hi Ben,
I agree with you. May I add a couple of things?
Not only Tony immerses himself so deeply into his characters to be one with them. 1- He conveys a lot of meanings to every single shot. 2- This is why he goes so beyond our expectations.
About his humble attitude, my daughter has seen Johnny Depp winning an award. He acted arrogantly and was very unkind. My daughter lost her love for him. She kept her respect for the actor, but it was not the same feeling anymore.
Bye
K
ben

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject:

katwoman64 wrote:
Hi Ben,
I agree with you. May I add a couple of things?
Not only Tony immerses himself so deeply into his characters to be one with them. 1- He conveys a lot of meanings to every single shot. 2- This is why he goes so beyond our expectations.
About his humble attitude, my daughter has seen Johnny Depp winning an award. He acted arrogantly and was very unkind. My daughter lost her love for him. She kept her respect for the actor, but it was not the same feeling anymore.
Bye
K

Thanks, you got it right. That's why in general I have a great appreciation for Chinese cinema and the actors and actresses. They work very hard, they aren't spoiled, and even if their films are a big success, they know they owe it to the fans for their support, and they still strive themselves to do better.
katwoman64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject:

Hi Ben,
Really, a lot of things about chinese films, directors, actors never fail to make me smile. In spite of relative lack of means, they seem to possess something most westerner’s lack – true, unabashed, non-neurotic joy.
Bye
K
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: