TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tang Wei Blacklisted in China

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Tang Wei Blacklisted in China

Sorry, I'm new on this forum, so I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this article. But I was really shocked when I heared about this. Poor Tang Wei, she's so nice and talented! And the erotic scenes in the movie were all cut from the Chinese version.

Tang Wei Blacklisted in China
March 11, 2008

Chinese regulators have ordered TV stations in Beijing and Shanghai to stop reporting on actress Tang Wei and to pull any advertisements featuring the star of the Ang Lee spy thriller Lust, Caution, according to Chinese media reports. The reason for the ban, which has not been officially announced, was not immediately clear. However, Lust, Caution has drawn attention because it portrays explicit sex and unpatriotic behavior.

Lee on Monday criticized the ban on Tang, who became a huge star with her role in the award-winning film. In a statement e-mailed to The Associated Press on Monday, Lee praised Tang's performance in Lust, Caution and said he's disappointed by the reported ban.

"I am very disappointed that Tang Wei is being hurt by this decision. She gave one of the greatest performances ever in a movie that was properly produced and distributed. We will do everything we can to support her in this difficult time," he said.

Calls to a spokesman for the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television on Monday went unanswered. Hong Kong's Edko Films, which represents Tang, did not immediately return a reporter's call seeking comment.

Sources: Guardian.co.uk, TimesOnline.co.uk
Info

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to our site!

You can posted this kind of article at Random Thoughts in future.
summertime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Privet Liana Smile
Liana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject:

Oh, Summertime, you can speak Russian! I'm so surprised, I thought I'm the only Russian-speaking person here.
summertime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject:

Hi Liana,

I'm not a Russian speaker by any stretch LOL

I've taken a couple of basic Russian courses, and my recollections are very, very vague.

I've been to Russia twice - Moscow & St. Petersburg.
Eri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject:

I hope Tang Wei can receive "Best Actress" award, even though she cannot attend the event tonight.

She hasn't done anything wrong and she should receive recognition and be encouraged, not punished for what she has done.

Good Luck to her and Tony. Applause
leng

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject:

i totally agree with you all that Tang Wei and Tony has put up sterling performances for this fabulous movie. It's my favorite movie now and i have watched it so many times.

I think both they and Lee Ang have made great sacrifices to put up a good and artistic show and deserve to beat everyone hands down for any award there is to win.

All the way, Tony and Tang Wei. And specially for Tang Wei, i hope she will not be discouraged by this and i look forward to even better performance from her! Of course, i hope to see Tony even more Rolling Eyes
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: