TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Hello to all!!

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynwoodpark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Hello to all!!

Hello to all!
This is the 1st time I have joined any forum. I am not joking! Very Happy

Thank you Sandy, for setting this website.
As a new fan of Tony Leung Chiu Wai, I found this site to be very informative.

From what I have read, Chiu Wai has had a difficult childhood and I am very glad that he has done very well.
He has worked very hard in his acting career; 24 years of acting, I gathered. There must have been lots of dark days for his during that period and I admire his perseverence.

He is a indeed a great actor and truely deserving of the awards that he has won; the lastest being Best Actor Award for Lust, Caution.
That was a remarkable movie and I enjoyed it tremendously.
He played the character 'Mr Yee' very well as I have read the book written by Eillen Chang.

I wish him all the best and I look forward to his future films.
Well done Chiu Wai!!!
Info

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject:

Welcome to our family! Hope you would enjoy your stay here.
karengoh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject:

Yes welcome to our family. You will find that this site would not bore you instead you will be very well inform.

Enjoy reading and posting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Hello to all!!

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Appreciated++++ Very Happy

Well, I can't believe that I have started 'hunting' for movies with Tony Leung in it!! Rolling Eyes

I have never imagined myself to be so interested in film stars, but I guess I am now! Unreal!

Ever since finding out that I am 'head-over-heels' over Tony Leung, a good friend of mine surprised me with a gift: A DVD of "In the Mood for Love", with Tony Leung in it.

He was dropped dead gorgeous.. Sigh....
But the ending was sad... Crying or Very sad
The character that he played lost the lady of his dreams..

Well, never mind, I thought...
So, I went looking around and I found "2046" as someone told me it is a loose contiunation of "In the Mood for Love".
Oh dear..., another sad movie again as the character that Tony played also ended up not having the lady of his dreams... Crying or Very sad
Not only that, I found the whole movie confusing Confused , and remembered asking myself at the end of the show, "What was all that about.." Confused

The next movie that I watched was "ChungKing Express"
This time round, the ending was good and it left me with a nice warm feeling. For once, the character that Tony played finally had a girlfriend for company. Very Happy Very Happy

"Infernal Affair 1" was the latest that I managed to watch yesterday.
A great movie, but the ending was so sad... Sad Crying or Very sad
Why must all the good guy die???

"Lust, Caution", the movie that caused me to become head-over-heels with infatuation over Tony, is a GREAT movie, but once again, the ending was sad as he had no choice but to have the lady that he loves executed..
The irony of the whole thing was he had to kill her for saving his life. Mmm...

At this stage, I think it might be a good idea for me to 'rest' for a while before I get hold of another of Tony's movie.., otherwise, life would seem very depressing! Ha!
purple

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hello to all!!

lynwoodpark wrote:
Well, I can't believe that I have started 'hunting' for movies with Tony Leung in it!! Rolling Eyes

I have never imagined myself to be so interested in film stars, but I guess I am now! Unreal!

You are not alone - WE ALL did that, hehehe Very Happy And you will feel even more unreal when Tony start replying your msg Wink

lynwoodpark wrote:
Oh dear..., another sad movie again...

More sad movies...if you haven't seen Hero and Happy Together. Gosh Shocked I think one needs to be emotionally strong to be a Tony fan....hehehe.

lynwoodpark wrote:
Not only that, I found the whole movie confusing Confused , and remembered asking myself at the end of the show, "What was all that about.." Confused

Besides ITMFL and 2046, Days of Being Wild and Ashes of Time can generate the same "What was all that about?" response. But after a while, you will feel what beautiful movies those are...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Hello to all!!

Quote:
You are not alone - WE ALL did that, hehehe And you will feel even more unreal when Tony start replying your msg

It is very nice to know that ALL fans of Tony Leung do that.
I wouldn't be here among fans of Tony Leung if this website was unavailable!! Cool
I'll be on cloud nine if Tony were to reply! Wink

Be seriously, I think Tony's movies depicts real life in general.
Life is certainly not a bed of roses, and happy endings are not always the norm.
Events that have happened, can cause one's perception of life to change either for the better of for worse.

Take for example ITMFL and it's loose continuation in 2046.
In 2046, Tony's character views females as "play things"; easy to come by and easy to discard. If it wasn't for the fact that he lost the girl of his dream in ITMFL, I doubt his character would have changed.

I find that to be true in Tony's latest movie Lust, Caution
Tony's character, "Mr Yee", has to keep all his emotions deep down because of his job as a collaborator.

However, towards the end of the show, we were able to see the human side of "Mr Yee". His eyes were watery and he closed them and turned his head to the side when the clock struck 10pm, signifying the death of his love, "Mrs Mai".
We were able to see his character's human side, instead of the usual cold or the tensed and agitated side..

As they say, events/people shape a person's life and character....
Very true indeed.
Info

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject:

You have a higher chance to get Tony's reply if you leave your message in the <Communicate with Tony> section. Wink
Marie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject:

Welcome, Lynwoodpark,

Here are resources for finding Tony's movies in the US.

Netflix--they do have a few of his films that you haven't seen yet, like Hard Boiled, Sound of Colors (a gentle romantic comedy), a few of the other comedies, and some of the "tougher" films like Bullet in the Head and Happy Together.

If you want to buy--us.yesasis.com has the most complete catalog.
If you are in the US, also check out 5starlaser.com and sunentertainment.com. They have some things that Yesasia no longer has.

I understand exactly what you are going through--it happened to me only 6 months ago. Only in my case it just gets worse--first is was only Tony Leung, then I discovered Leslie Cheung. Leslie made about 60 films (!!!) and recorded dozens of albums. These twin addictions have sent me into the poor house, but have opened up a whole new and entirely marvelous world. Your life will never be the same. I only hope you have understanding family, friends and significant other, because they are coming along for the ride whether or not they are as crazy about Tony as you are.

Enjoy,

Marie
lynwoodpark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Hello to all!!

Hi Marie,

Thanks for the useful information!
Very helpful indeed!
Much appreciated!! Very Happy

Am glad I am not alone when it comes to being head-over-heals with Tony Leung! Laughing
solitude87

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello to all!!

lynwoodpark wrote:
Hi Marie,

Thanks for the useful information!
Very helpful indeed!
Much appreciated!! Very Happy

Am glad I am not alone when it comes to being head-over-heals with Tony Leung! Laughing

I recommend to watch his TVB series too. I love his performance in Duke of Mount Deer 1984 and Police Cadet 1984. You can also see some evil side of him in The Superpower (1983).
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: