TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

tony attend " My Blueberry Nights " Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leng

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject:

There are days when Tony does not dress the usual chic look but we still love him!
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Ditto with Eliza

I usually won't post on this, but I have to agree with what Eliza observed. I had a "what is that" moment when I saw the picture of Tony & Carina's new outfit. The scarf is nice, but Tony could do without. (maybe I am old fashioned)...

As for Carina, she really looks good, great hair & makeup, and she seems glowing... BUT... That suit she wears... I don't know where it is from, but the colors & the little string ties seem to be quite out of place. Simplicity is elegance.

Just my 2 cents.
Mon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject:

I think the scarf is because of the dress code---blue

Sandy wrote:
I don't know where it is from

is from Valentino spring summer 2008 collection,

cutiepie wrote:
Maybe I am one of the few people here who do like their dresses? Carina is in great shape especially recently, I like her in this pink lady dress (Valentino as they said). And her great legs, she should be pround of them. As of Tony, why is he so.......cute? His facial expression is simply......cute. Laughing Very nice couple.
TOTALLY AGREE!!

Last edited by Mon on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
anny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject:

I agree with what Eliza observed about their fashion,too.
Tony looks happy with Carina. So I think that they are terrific couple.
I'm glad to see happy them.

anny Very Happy
Kerilyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Marie wrote:
Well, Kerilyn, this is a taller order that I think you realize. Why do you think men prefer woman as young and sexy?

(IMHO) It's all about maintaining "femininity" and "masculinity," the definitions of which are directly derived from societal gender roles.
I think it's a vicious circle. Our traditional gender*-separated society influences fashion, and our fashion helps reinforce the gender-separated society. * "gender" is not synonymous with "biological sex."
I'm not asking anyone to change, there's a lot of pressure that isn't easy to ignore!

Mon, it's nice to see the pic. Thanks!
I don't like the dress even on the model. The pink and purple somehow really don't fit each other! yikes.

Tony's scarf seems out of place. Yes it's quirky so it catches your eye, but it doesn't match the rest of the outfit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject:

wow girls a chat about rags like gossip magazines has almost turned into a gender conversation.... Tony has first-class fans Wink
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(IMHO) It's all about maintaining "femininity" and "masculinity," the definitions of which are directly derived from societal gender roles.
I think it's a vicious circle. Our traditional gender*-separated society influences fashion, and our fashion helps reinforce the gender-separated society. * "gender" is not synonymous with "biological sex."

Well, Kerilyn, from my vantage point of 40-something, I think it really isn't about gender so much as it is maintaining power and fear of the female, here confused with fear of females. Societies have expended a lot of energy historically in keeping women "under control" so that they won't threaten men's power base. Men seem to be afraid that if they aren't "in charge" then women will be. For some reason, historically men have not been able to conceive of an equitable power-sharing arrangement with the other half of humanity, and so they have done their best to keep women disempowered. The desire of females of childbearing age to appear sexually attractive to men is, I suspect, mostly biologically driven. It is what has been done with that female desire by societies that I have a problem with.

Marie
Eri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject:

It's interesting to read here. ha ha ha
The problem with the dress is not that pink which is right colour for some people but that purple is not such a nice combination and too many loud pockets on the jacket, I think.

About Tony and Carina, I think Tony is a gentle, kind and thoughtful person with some aspects of a little boy and Carina is an independent woman with a strong will but also caring and outgoing, that's why they are together.

I love Tony because of who he is and I am attracted to Tony probably because I have similar personality as Carina. I wouldn't be interested in Tony if he was just a macho man seeking power.

Closeted insecure men are seeking power to control other people to protect themselves but open (coming out ) insecure men love someone who makes them feel safe with.
Of course, I prefer open ones like Tony.
Laughing Laughing

(There are some insecure women as well but we can be stronger when we need to be, like in case of trying to protect someone you love. On the other hand, some closeted insecure men quite often going extreme in seeking power when they were threatened.)
Raphael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject:

i must say i first reacted to eliza's post bc i was afraid we were falling into the perfect idol's partner blaming attitude..... as Carina herself attested in her interview by Maggie Tsang in 2006, 'being the girlfriend of a superstar is quite difficult, because fans wants idols to be perfect. Weaknesses are all placed on the woman beside the idol'.

happily eliza you elaborated and argued very well about your view and that's an important point....

i have myself weak lights on women fashion, i just can tell what i like or dislike but i recognize clothing is a much trickier task for women than for men....
cutiepie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject:

Raphael and Eri, you two spoke out for me actually, thanks a lot.

If it was not for the movie Lust Caution I would not have become a Tony fan, although I have been watching his movies for years. Everybody would occasionally feel insecure, even those who are very empowered in many people's eyes, and it is understandable. To me, as long as Tony keeps a wonderful Neverland in his heart, he would be a brave Peter Pan in his career and would try his best to break through.

I like Carina more and more over these couple of years, maybe because both she and I are getting older and wiser. Just as Eri mentioned, she is independent and outgoing, and Tony may find the sense of being secured and being cared from Carina. At the same time, Carina also seeks and found a lot of trust and support from Tony. Both of them found their right place in their partnership, and that is the most important thing for a long term relationship. They are such a sweet couple I can tell.

As of sense of fashion, I do believe it is more of a personal issue. I recall the time when Carina was around 36, she took some pictures for a commmercial where she wore some very nice bikini's, and she looks just gorgeous there. I personally feel that was one of her best time. Nowadays I feel she seems coming back again to that stage, and she just looks so refreshed and happy and adorable.
Sandy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject:

It's interesting to follow the train of thoughts here. It was a pure personal opinion we are all expressing. And I thought Eliza has a point when she posted that message, because I had a similar reaction.

Thanks everyone for willing to take the extra effort to understand others' point of view. It's wonderful to see that.

We all want Tony to be happy & Carina has been good for him. As long as they are happy, whatever they wear is not a big deal whatsoever! Very Happy
cutiepie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Well said, Sandy, and we trust each other.
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Well said, Sandy, and we trust each other.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm proud to be Tony fan not only because he is such kind and gentle soul but also when I see other Tony fans respect eachother, and are capable of holding a great discussion with different opinions.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: