TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Caution to the wind: Audience loved it

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Caution to the wind: Audience loved it

Caution to the wind: Audience loved it

Created: 2007-11-1 2:00:41

Author:Xu Wei

DIRECTOR Ang Lee's highly anticipated movie "Lust, Caution" had its mainland premiere at the Shanghai Film Art Center last night - and got a thumb's-up from the audience.

Some of the 1,000-odd filmgoers applauded as the curtain closed. And most of those interviewed said they would give the movie a mark of eight or nine out of 10.

The appearance of Lee and actors Tang Wei and Lee-hom Wang on the red carpet before the premiere brought loud cheers from the big crowd.

Hong Kong actor Tony Leung, who plays the lead role, could not make the occasion as he is working on John Woo's historical drama "The War of the Red Cliff."

Lee mingled with fans before the screening. "Since many scenes of the film were shot in Shanghai, I'm very excited for it to have its mainland debut here," Lee said.

"When I started to read novels by Aileen Chang, I found it challenging to make a film. But I'm happy I have finally done it.

"I must thank the Shanghai government and the Shanghai Movie Studio for their support and cooperation. "And I must apologize for all the annoyance we must have caused to nearby residents during the shooting."

Wang has been captivated by the city. "I'm deeply impressed by Shanghai ... I hope you enjoy the film," he said.

Tang said: "I'm very excited to be here. As a native of Hangzhou, a place so near Shanghai, the air of Shanghai reminds me of that of my hometown. I like Shanghai very much and I hope you will like this movie as well. The film has been a huge turning point in my life," she said.

Audience member Li Rongrong, a housewife in her 40s, enjoyed the movie. But she felt a little depressed after the viewing as she said the story is a typical Lee-style tragedy.

Rebecca Wang, a marketing woman in 30s, said she was deeply impressed by the setting arrangement, cinematography, art design, music and depth of acting.

Officials from the Film Art Center said that the 1,000 tickets for the premiere were sold out by Tuesday.

The film starts screening at mainland theaters today in Chinese, with both English and Chinese subtitles.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/sp/article/2007/200711/20071101/article_336605.htm
summertime

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject:

video from Shanghai premiere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muvvxvkJeeA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSg5XOGbA-0
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: