TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Crossroads

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peachtreegal1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Crossroads

Hi, I thought you'd all be interested in a recent DVD release of a Hong Kong anthology program from the 1980s called Crossroads. (Not sure exactly which year it was released -- the DVD doesn't say and I can't find it listed on the IMDB.)

Crossroads consists of three segments, each featuring a future superstar: Andy Lau, Stephen Chow, and Tony Leung.

Here is the description of each story from the DVD:

A Decision
Cast: Andy Lau

Synopsis
I want to be a good person! Andy Lau acted out this theme 20 years before Internal Affairs. A young Monkey (played by Andy Lau) and his good friend Ah Chu (played by Liu Shao Chun) are child labourers. Their wages are withheld by an unscrupulous contractor so they vent their anger by causing a disturbance at the construction site which leads to a fire. Monkey decides to reform himself after this incident. Unfortunately Ah Chu is impenitent and the two go their separate ways.

Pocket Money
Cast: Stephen Chow

Synopsis
The king of comedy Stephen Chow is a miserable student who is addicted to drugs? Needless to say, it's remarkable! When wealthy Ah Bong (Stephen Chow), who lacks family affection, heard that classmate Ah Kin (Wilson Lam) wants a computer, he sells his to him at a low price. He then uses the money to buy drugs! Stephen Chow rarely acted in TV drama at the early stage of his career and this is the only RTHK produced episode that he took part in.

Strayed
Cast: Tony Leung

Synopsis
Obedient senior secondary school student Ah Man (played by Tony Leung) is worried about his sick mother and his own schooling. When he and his classmates go to play basketball one day, they meet some bullies who provoke his classmate into a fight. Someone gets killed and the police hunt for the murderer...watch Ah Man struggle between running away and not running away. It is like watching Chan Wing Yan (character of Tony in Infernal Affairs) trapped in hell.

The segments are short, about 25 minutes long, and shot on video. These are stories about the average people of Hong Kong and the struggles they face in their daily lives, focusing in particular on the young high school boys who find that (as the song goes) "growin' up is hard to do." :) Andy, Stephen and Tony (who all look extremely young and believable as high school kids) are all very good, but it's Tony who is the real stand-out. He gives an astonishingly mature and poignant performance as the boy tormented by his accidental killing of a hood who attacked him and his friends and the consequences he faces. I'd say this is a must-see performance for Tony fans who want to see what he was like at the beginning of his career. It's already all there... although Tony has refined it ever more and more as the years go by. ;)

You can easily find this DVD at the usual retailers like Yesasia and Sensasian.

By the way, Mei Ah has also just released new DVDs of two important early movies: My Heart is That Eternal Rose and People's Hero. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tony won Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actor awards for both films.
summertime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the info peachtreegal1 Smile
light

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Thank IVA@Spring Light

wan yu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject:

thanks for the pics & info! hehhe i'll try to get my hands on it asap Wink .
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: