TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony and Your BF

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bibi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Tony and Your BF

On a humerous tone guys!

This is for everyone out there who has a special someone...
apart from Tony that is!
How does your special someone feel about your devotion to Wai-jai?

If you're like me it's a topic that has come up at least once!
My boyfriend is wonderful and amazing and totally my soul mate.
He knows he's my number one but sometimes, he has made the
comment that he feels the only person he could lose me to is Tony!
It's funny because, he loves Tony too -
but he considers him a bit of a rival!

It's true that i love Tony and I think he's beautiful, but most of my devotion is founded on the deep respect i have for his work
and the joy it gives me.

Of course I do have a massive crush on Tony -
but there's still more than enough love for my cuddly wuddly! cheers In Love
Marie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Oh, Bibi, you have opened up Pandora's box!

My husband doesn't want to watch Tony's films with me. We watched Hero together, which is where I first discovered Tony. But after that, I have been on a Tony quest that is beginning to resemble the Quest for the Holy Grail. My husband has decided he has other paths to follow. Reluctantly, he will watch some of the movies with me--he did sort of enjoy Chungking Express (which I found charming, enchanting, etc.). Tonight he watched In the Mood for Love, and ended up yawning through most of it. There isn't much to be done--you either fall under Tony's spell, or you don't. I think my media naranja is puzzled and a bit irritated by my devotion to this Hong Kong actor. He is much happier with my enthusiasm for Leslie Cheung--obviously gay, and very much deceased--than for Tony Leung. He just doesn't get it. But he humors me--I go off on these tangents every few years and they never lead to anything--I'm still here after 26 years! I'm the type of person to get very enthused over people and things that inspire me. The more inspiration--the more enthusiasm. Right now, I'm majorly pumped by my two Hong Kong boys and some nights I find it hard to sleep. So I stay up and write and feed my addiction on You Tube, just like I'm doing right now. Smile

What's a girl to do?

Marie
marsha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Hi!! I have no boyfriend who is jealous of Tony he..he.. joker but I have wonderful workmates who really understand my undying fascination and loyalty to Tony. They have seen Tony' s In the Mood for Love they didn't really enjoy it though but the film enabled them to know Tony more as an actor. I am happy that whenever Tony has new pictures in this website, they always find time to see how he looks and what he's up to. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:

Hi Marie,

Perhaps your hubby will learn to appreciate Tony better if you watch one of his "macho" films together, like "Hard Boiled", "Bullet in the Head" or even "Infernal Affairs." They were geared more towards the male audience, I think. Although, I became Tony's undying fan when I saw his amazing ability in "Hard Boiled." That was the one that did it for me!

-K

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I've tried, Pungyo. We have watched Hard Boiled and Infernal Affairs together, and they weren't really his type of movie. (He seemed to like Chow Yun-Fat better than Tony in Hard Boiled, sigh.) I haven't watched Happy Together with him because I'm not sure how much he really wants to see a gay couple getting it on on screen. Neutral (Right now this is my all time favorite movie.) He sort of liked Hero, but not nearly as much as I did. We watched 2046 the other night, and he liked it more than In the Mood For Love, but again, he wasn't exactly crazy about it. I have some other films coming from Netflix in the coming month with Tony in them, so perhaps I'll find the right match, yet. I know with Leslie Cheung, it took Farewell, My Concubine before I fell under his spell.

Marie
flavichu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject:

It's a shame when your significant other does not share your interests (or feels a bit jealous). I am extremely happy to say that my hubby is the one fueling my obsession for TL. He is the one that brought hero and IA home, and made fall for his eyes. Then, he he rented Tokio Raiders, and that is when I fell completely, at the very first scene. Since then, he has been buying all the movies he can, he even bough some of his CDs (I really don't know where does he gets all this, because most, are completely impossible to get in Mexico, and not so easy to get even online). He prints photos from Internet sites, he gets everything he can put his hands on. I even feel guilty at times, for all the time and effort he puts into his task. Very Happy
Marie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject:

flavichu wrote:
It's a shame when your significant other does not share your interests (or feels a bit jealous). I am extremely happy to say that my hubby is the one fueling my obsession for TL. He is the one that brought hero and IA home, and made fall for his eyes. Then, he he rented Tokio Raiders, and that is when I fell completely, at the very first scene. Since then, he has been buying all the movies he can, he even bough some of his CDs (I really don't know where does he gets all this, because most, are completely impossible to get in Mexico, and not so easy to get even online). He prints photos from Internet sites, he gets everything he can put his hands on. I even feel guilty at times, for all the time and effort he puts into his task. Very Happy

Ah, yes, your husband has been bit BAD! The same thing happened to me with my two Hong Kong "boys". At work, I'm trying to corrupt my co-workers by sharing my Hero DVD and playing Leslie Cheung music vids on the computer (shhh, don't tell the boss, I don't think we are supposed to access YouTube with company equipment). Sadly, no one else has been swept off their feet. Is it something in my DNA? What is it about Tony (and also Leslie) that knocks me for a loop? You wonder how you ever lived before you discovered them. Put them together in the same movie--pure nirvana. Watch them separately, close to heaven. First its the internet, DVDs, and CDs, then they invade your dreams! Why do I have to dream about them? Waking up is pure misery. How to stop when the obsession is so delicious? evil

Marie
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: