TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Times On Line article

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Times On Line article

This is what it says about Tony at the Venice film festival:

Quote:
I try to ask Leung at a black-tie supper at the Hotel des Bains if he felt discomfited by the role, or the enormous Asian attention he has received in Venice. There are women nibbling his earlobes. “Tony doesn’t speak a word of English,” beams an Asian pilot fish. How lovely, I say. And to think we were only discussing this at the Hong Kong awards last November

Very strange, this report. The women nibbling his earlobes, well that I can understand, especially if they've just come from the screening of Lust, Caution (maybe they should issue every woman who attends the film a bottle of very cold water to put out the fire caused by the incendiary love scenes). However, the bit that he doesn't speak English? Does anyone know the real context of this report? It sounds rather strange to my ears.

Marie
Raphael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Well i guess it's just a humorous bit depicting TL surrounded by admirative women lol

Of course, TL does speak English. I guess Tony's Asian pilot fish tried to fool James Christopher.... Any excuse will do to keep Tony away from the unwanted attention of a journalist. As for the last phrase, it only indicates that Christopher is not taken in as he discussed this matter with Tony at 2006 hkfaa (meaning : in english).....
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: