TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony Leung Film Festival in NY - 1-18 December 2005

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Tony Leung Film Festival in NY - 1-18 December 2005

"Hard Boiled & In the Mood: Tony Leung"
Presented by Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, New York & Brooklyn Academy of Music
December 1 - 18, 2005
Rose Cinemas
Peter Jay Sharp Building
30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn

The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, New York will co-present with the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) "Hard Boiled & In the Mood: Tony Leung"- a Tony Leung Chiu-Wai retrospect from December 1 to 18.

The retrospect will display a variety of genres that Tong Leung has mastered so skillfully over the past 15 years, ranging from his breakout dramatic role in City of Sadness by Hou Hsiao-hsien in 1989 to the latest classic 2046 by Wong Kar-Wai .

Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, who has been called Hong Kong's answer to Clark Gable, is no stranger to movie fans of Hong Kong. He is more than just a pretty face and has built up an astonishing career, bouncing from two-fisted action flicks with John Woo to art-house favourites with Wong Kar-Wai. His vulnerability and versatility make him one of the best-loved actors in the world, and even without the accolades heaped on him by directors, his work speaks for itself.

Hurry up and get your tickets. For more information, please look up the film series at http://www.bam.org/film/series.aspx?id=52.
summertime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject:

Cool selection of films ! Smile
nancix**

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Tony Leung Film Festival in NY - 1-18 December 2005

Wonderful News!!
But Why is not that”Tom,Dick,and Hairy" ,"Sound of colors"and "Infernal Affairs"series screened? It is mysterious. Rolling Eyes

I hope that I will screen these films in Japan. Whom should I ask? I want to learn it.
The Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: hi ya there!

Truio Info Very Happy dear all Very Happy
Very Happy Happy for the new Yorkers and anyone will/can visit there at that time!
Go and get the tickets!
All films are those I really love all the time! Very Happy brilliant! Very Happy
(although amongst the 12 films, there are a couple of films I have not seen yet : Flowers of Shanghai, Chinese odyssey and Magic Craine)

Such a warm present from the NY Art school in the cold harsh SUNNY or drizzle winter!

Plus, I love the still shot... Very Happy
Chow(Tony) has been wondering at the process of which something seems to be nearly getting close and overlapping into the one which Chan has needed ...
Will he manage to put himself into...the almost nearly in the feeling?
The waven fear between being familiar with the mixed up and the thirsty to love in the successive scenes ...are some of the shots/scenes that I love in the film 2046 that I love most... Such delicate subdued but sharp tones and nuance Tony only can express.. i think.

Wish you all lucky to be there!

ps:
In Tokyo, "Flowers of Shanghais" is going to be on
at "Institute Franco-Japonais de Tokyo"(東京日仏学院エスパスイマージュ)!
at KAGURAZAKA SHINJUKU (新宿神楽坂)Very Happy

Please refer the details in the official HP of 東京日仏学院"Institute Franco-Japonais de Tokyo" as follows;

http://www.ifjtokyo.or.jp/culture/cinema_j.html#021219h00 (in Japanese)
http://www.ifjtokyo.or.jp/culture/cinema.html (in French)

(in English):
12/2 19:00 START
*at 18:00 the tickets are open to sell, at 18:40, enter on the order of the buy

12/4 14:30 START
*13:30 the tickets are open to sell, at 14:10, enter on the order of the buy

ticket : 1000 yen

I have not seen this film yet and have been waiting for..
Then I was/am very glad Very Happy when I became to know the schedule last month since I often check the HP of the school (since October 2005, I have been learning French at the Institute Franco-Japonais de Tokyo (東京日仏学院) at where the cinema is located and by which the cinema is run Smile ).

Ciao
7thclouds(mari tomita)
dearest tony love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject:

梁朝偉電影 終於跨越國界

許多人認為,電影是20世紀的文化大使,不同語言國家的人,看了電影,就可以產生共鳴。但這並不能解釋,許多最好的電影明星,都不能跨越國界,而總是要等到賞識他們的電影導演出名了,才開始「搭起順風車」,揚威世界影壇。
布碌崙音樂學院(Brooklyn Academy of Music)的羅絲電影院(Rose Cinema)從12月1日到18日,推出的「梁朝偉影展」,再度證明,演員再好,沒有碰上有國際聲勢的導演,還是難出國門。

沒有王家衛 沒有今天

因此不得不讓人懷疑,如果沒有王家衛,今天在紐約也不會有這樣一個梁朝偉電影展,在BAM選映的12部影片中,就包括五部王家衛的影片,從「阿飛正傳」(12月17日)、「重慶森林」(12月3日)、「春光乍洩」(12月18日)、「花樣年華」到「2046」 (兩部都是12月17日放映)。然而梁朝偉做為一個演員的多樣性,並不僅只於王家衛為他打造的內心火熱、外表含蓄的形象。

以搞笑起家 漸趨陰沉

梁朝偉近幾年來的角色愈來愈陰沉(特別是「無間道」系列),或許展現了他的「眉稍眼角盡是戲」的功力,但幾乎讓人忘記,他最早是以鬼馬搞笑的「韋小寶」起家的。

梁朝偉說過,父親在他7歲時離家出走,從此再也沒有回來過,對他一生影響非常大,他從小就學會把自己封閉起來,不和同學老師談自己的事情,以免要跟人解釋沒有父親的難堪。梁朝偉也說,他是個不多話的人,所有的感情似乎都留給攝影機,鏡頭一開,不管什麼樣的角色,他都能勝任。

演台灣啞巴 功力盡顯

在王家衛之前,梁朝偉其實已經被不少藝術導演賞識,在關錦鵬的「地下情」裏,他已經在感情之間遊走,不肯負責任。而就在「阿飛」差不多同時,侯孝賢大膽把他從香港找去拍「悲情城市」,讓他演一個日據時期的台灣啞巴,讓人看到他不必說話,也能演戲的本領。

布碌崙音樂學院此次選映的影片,最早的一部就是1989年的「悲情城市」(12月11日),近10年之後,他再度與侯孝賢合作「海上花」(12月2日),扮演清末逛花叢的公子哥兒。

梁朝偉還在1995年與越南導演陳英雄合作過「三輪車伕」(Cyclo),飾演黑幫老大,這部戲曾獲得威尼斯影展首獎。

下月1日起 好戲連台

影展首日(12月1日)放映的是功夫喜劇片「天下無雙」,其他還有馬楚成的「東京攻略」(12月4日)、陳本勝的「新仙鶴神針」(12月9日)和吳宇森的「辣手神探」(12月10日)。
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: