TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

films i`m watching of Tony`s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mu99le

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject:

reeve wrote:
some of my fav movies by joey were green snake (a must-see for all maggie's fans thumbright ), butterfly & sword (very cute and sweet), the chinese ghost stories (which made her famous) and the east is red.

aha! speaking about butterfly and sword, i just watched it a couple of hours ago. it's very enjoyable indeed! tony and joey were so cute together, and it's interesting to see tony liked by two women! Wink (and why not...he's DROP DEAD GORGEOUS in the movie!). and after i saw it and had a look at tony's recent pictures, i became more convinced that his looks has changed. before he looks very, as you said reeve, carefree. today, he seems more poignant and thoughtful, and even when he did happy films, his smile was not as innocent and cheerful as when he was still young. ok enough about his smile Embarassed

reeve wrote:
eliza bennet wrote:
Yes! Gong Li is another actress I really like and she was simply great with Tony (that kiss scene was one of Tony's best - it was not really like kissing it was more like the merging of wounded souls

eliza, you put it right on. Very Happy "like the merging of wounded souls" -- that was what i thought too when i saw this scene. Surprised it seemed to transcend all the sexual aspects of the scene and went beyond even the desperate needs of the characters for companionship.

i agree that this is tony's best onscreen kiss to date!! instead of rubbing his lips all over the actress' mouth, he actually sucks it passionately Embarassed

oh and i also agree that carina is great in 2046. though she hasn't quite become an all-rounder like maggie Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject:

I'm not Japanese (half Vietnamese and half Chinese to be exact), but my older brother is currently in Japan studying. When he viewed "The Last Samurai," that's what he told me. I've studied a bit of Japanese culture in the states myself - their culture is very much based on respect and honor but they are also reserved and discreet. They don't like to be "misrepresented" I guess its fair to say.

Eliza Benet, I apologize if I came out as too direct. But I'm glad you and I can debate diplomatically about these kind of things! Smile

--Thich Nhat Han
eliza bennet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject:

Zen wrote:
but my older brother is currently in Japan studying.

Lucky him! Smile

I did not like The Last Samurai either - some parts, such as The Japanese Emperor crying in front of a gaijin were ridicilous.

You know there is a pic of Tony at the dvd of Buttefly and Sword (I think it is either at the scene selections or at the subtitles) and it captures what you say exactly mu99le, in that instant Tony looks so happy with a full grin on his face (the pic is from the flying paper scene)

Joey is very lucky indeed to get to kiss Tony this much (and at Chinese Ghost Story III too!)

Last edited by eliza bennet on Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
theroane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Hey. y'all! I've been off for the holidays, and trying to catch up. First, Happy Holidays to anyone who celebrated. I hope you had a lovely time.

I spent Christmas Day with Tony & Andy Lau. It was rough, let me tell you! Laughing OK, really I just went to see IA on the big screen. That was so cool! I have decided that Tony is my future husband, but Andy can certainly be a future fling! Wink He is not hard on the eyes, is he? I liked the movie very much, though I thought Tony might have been better playing a similar part in Hard Boiled--I'll have to see it again (darn!) Wink

Then I came home & watched IA3 on DVD. Wow! That was a great movie! I liked it better than the first one. The ending was such a surprise to me, and I want to add Chen Dao Ming (sorry if I misspelled that) to my harem. He is so.......masculine? Strong? Authoritative? I don't know, but I loved him in Hero, and I loved him in this, too. I will probably start collecting his movies (I know he hasn't made many) now, because he is so talented, as well as being, well, sexy. It looks like he's done a lot of TV shows.........you ladies who get to see him on TV are soooooo lucky! Hey, that reminds me--is there a good place to find TvB series with English subtitles? Do they even exist? I would love to see some of Tony's series, but I don't speak a word of Chinese. Where have you guys bought your copies?

Also, a Tony movie I can watch any time is Dr. Mack. He's just gorgeous in that.

Oh, and I watched The Returning. Kinda scary, but I liked it. And Blind Romance. Very cute (the movie and Tony!)

I own about 40 of Tony's movies, and the only one I haven't watched yet is Chinese Midnight Express.

Ooops, this post is a lot longer than I meant it to be. See what happens when I start talking about Tony? Wink
Peachtree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Recently viewed

Hello, this is my second post to this forum! (My first was in the Wong Kar-wai box set thread.)

I love Tony but still haven't watched a lot of his movies. I am trying to make up for lost time. :) My most recent Tony movies were Ashes of Time (re-watch, actually) and My Lucky Star, which I didn't like all that much overall, but still Tony was wonderfully suave and adorable in it. :)

My favorite Tony comedy is Chinese Odyssey 2002 which I find enchanting from beginning to end, and he sure is good at that Stephen Chow-style baggy pants comedy! But he can do one thing that Stephen can't, and that's sing. :) I really love those Chinese opera numbers in CO 2002. :)

Tokyo Raiders will be the next Tony movie I'll be seeing... in preparation for Seoul Raiders! Though I won't get to see Seoul Raiders until it comes out on DVD.
kelsey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I`m very happy today Very Happy i finaly recived The Eagle Shooting Heroes Cool Smile i`m looking forward to watching it tonight thumbright thumbleft Very Happy Smile Laughing
Zen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject:

That is a great satire of "Ashes of Time." Tony Leung is hilarious, as well as the other cast members. I can say without any doubt that his was one of the best performers of the movie. His chemistry with Jacky Cheung is great!

By the way, I had a question regarding which dialects are used in movies. Though I can understand a bit of Mandarin, are most movies in Mandarin or Cantonese? If not, which ones are in which dialect?

--Thich Nhat Han
ribi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Though I can understand a bit of Mandarin, are most movies in Mandarin or Cantonese? If not, which ones are in which dialect?

Most, if not all Hong Kong movies, are inevitably always in Cantonese. Movies from China are in Mandarin but if Tony stars in a China production, his voice is dubbed over in Mandarin e.g. Hero. Hope that helps. Cool

Longevity is a suffering in hell
~Infernal Affairs~
Zen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the confirmation! I've always been fooled that it really was Tony's voice in "Hero." Is the same thing said for Maggie Cheung as well?

--Thich Nhat Han
ribi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject:

Yep, Maggie's voice was dubbed over in Hero as well as the director did not feel that their Mandarin was up to scratch even though they had practised hard for the movie.

Longevity is a suffering in hell
~Infernal Affairs~

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Zen wrote:
I do not mean to conjure a fight, but I would like to fundamentally argue the acting experiences between Maggie and Zhang Ziyi. If you've read some books about Chinese's cinematography history HK and mainstream films were in the era when it was extremely popular. I think it's safe to say all actors and actresses choose commercial roles for money and success in the mainstream. I think Zhang Ziyi has been fortunate in her career as she has Zhang Yimou guiding her. As for Maggie herself, in an interview she has admitted that her acting was not great.

I'm looking forward to watching "Memoirs of a Geisha" myself, but for a different reason. The book was entertaining but not great, and I still think the movie will only captivate American audiences. The movie should be starring a Japanese character and Rob Marshall will not show the Japanese culture of honor and pride as Kurasawa has in his many wonderful films. The film will probably make the Japanese audience laugh, as "The Last Samurai" has.
Desiree2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject:

I watch Chungking Express over and over again. Especially when I need a little cheer-up. It is so funny.

But reading your comments concerning Hero. Well, I was disappointed by that movie and glad, I missed it at cinema - even though I did regret it by then. The pictures where beautiful, the end and esp BrokenSwords conclusion about the highest 'rank' of sword fighting was wonderful. And I liked the characters of Tony, Jet and 'the Emporer'. But all the rest.... Both women were disturbing it all the time, even though there was still a story between Tony and Maggie, so I could accept that. But I don't have any idea what Zhang Ziyi had in it. If her parts would have been cut off I wouldn't have missed it.

I don't have anything against Zhang Ziyi - but the character in the movie was totally waste of time.

Well, that's my personal opinion. I don't want to harm anyone with it, so please, don't be offended.

宁死不屈。
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: