TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Recent Fan

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fictioness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Recent Fan

I became intrigue with Tony upon seeing In the Mood for Love but fell in love with in him during the first 2 minutes of Happy Together.

I've never used a message board before nor have I spoken to anyone who enjoys Tony Leung as much as I do. Most people think I'm a little nuts regarding this one. Honestly, I've not been this captivated with a movie personality since junior high school (and that was a number of years ago)

I'd love to correspond with someone from Hong Kong actually.

Thanks,
Info

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the board. You come to the right place. I am from HK.
Looney Tune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject:

You have indeed found the right place as everyone here shares the same passion as you- Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Very Happy

I am not from HK. Nonetheless, hope to get to know you on the board.
fictioness

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Finally Responding

Info wrote:
Welcome to the board. You come to the right place. I am from HK.

Did I respond previously? If I did not, I apologize.

I've always wanted someone to write to in Hong Kong, Japan, someplace but once I get the chance, I never quite know what to say. It's 10:39 AM on June 2nd in Los Angeles, CA. In Hong Kong it's 1:39 AM and it's tomorrow, June 3rd.

I live in a studio apartment in Venice Beach in an area riddled with tourists. I live alone these days and am a novelist who has not been writing for a while now. Not writing makes me feel listless and a little desperate. Maybe it's just the weather. It's gray and wet and everyone is complaining about feeling low, deplete of energy.

Are you male, female, both? Where do you live exactly? Are you the person who monitors this site?

I don't quite understand my Tony Leung infactuation. I've not had this experience since I was very young, perhaps 12. Back then I lined my walls with posters of the teen-idol I loved. Now, as an adult, I don't tell anyone my adolescent type attachment towards Tony. I wouldn't know where to begin.

Something happened upon seeing Happy Together for the first time. Perhaps it was the most authentic and literal viewing of the demise of love that struck me so hard, and stuck him fast to my heart.

Tell me about yourself.

I look forward to hearing from you -- Susan
miss. texas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject:

hi fictioness,
and welcome. i am fairly new also but i can tell you there are great people on this site. it makes me feel ok to share my tony obsession! as i guess we're all in the same boat, so don't be shy and just keep sharing
Razz i kept my visits to this site quiet at first and now i tell anyone and everyone who cares to listen! i am from HK but now live in SYD, i've never even had a poster boy before (save for boy george...shhh...but that was a century ago Wink) but you know what? it is GREAT to have an OBJECT OF AFFECTION, SO ENJOY king and HAPPY WRITING.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject:

BTW fictioness, happy together is my favourite work of tony.
besides that the movie in itself just blew me away, the self-destruct mode of 'wing', the isolation, dislocation of characters and lots more, but as a cantonese speaker that watches canto-films, i found the dialogue ( & monologue) simply stunning in it's realism. it's such a good job that you hardly notice. dialogue, dialogue....that's where the writers come in.
salute

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: welcome

Hi fictioness, welcome to our 'village' Very Happy I'm not from Hong Kong, I'm from Africa ( guess I'm the only one in here, but anyways I don't feel lonely, because my pals makes sure of that)but couldnt resist to give a Waving and what a notworthy profession, my respects, Applause. We all share the same heart-beat when it comes to Tony, and I echo miss texas, one needs a passion, and when you find like minds and hearts in the same place, then you'll think you're in heaven Wink so keep it here, you'll enjoy yourself tremendously!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject:

sorry forgot to mention my Best Tony Movie currently: Inferal Affairs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject:

hi fictioness, thanks for the email. i have to say i can't comment on the subtitle quality of your happy together dvd cos' knowing the lingo, i haven't paid the subtitles on this one too much attention (too much to do...like admiring tony in his Y-fronts...the beautiful black & white close-ups.. Embarassed). perhaps someone else could help you out or else, you've just given me a reason to watch it AGAIN!!!
as for my name..look up miss. texas 1967 Musical
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Get to know each other All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: