TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony met his favourite writer-Lawrence Block
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
news

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: This is why your name is "News."

Anonymous wrote:
Pungyo wrote:
Re: This is why your name is "News." Smile

-K

Pungyo, it was unintended username and only later I realized I really did live up to its! I like to research. Wink

Actually, if I'm not wrong, that meeting with Lawrence Block took placed on Saturday April 30, 2005 prior to his meeting with Summertime and I. I recalled before they parted, they had picture taken and he wore that outfit.

So, the long photo shoot that he mentioned to Sandy on Friday could be for Vogue at the hotel.

It was me above. Sorry. Wink
sw33tjuicymang00

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:

aww look how happy he is......darn i cant wait im so excited about tht VOGUE issue its so long from now Sad SEPTEMBER for cryin out loud !! i bet the photos for the magazine came out HOT look at THAT one its so nice... haha i went searching at the library earlier jus to take a look at that Newyorktimes newspaper god i went through so much papers to find that article dang new york newspaper is so darn thick compared to california..haha i was searching searchin than all of a sudden *TADA* i see the face of TONY ahhhhh i was so happy ..... anyhow its jus the same as the online article at new york times site...but still i had to go find it jus the fact that it makes my heart melt jus reading things that had to do with the waizai megastar!!!!!!!!!! srrrrrrrry im jus like talking to myself and wasting forum space.. Embarassed
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject:

News is right. The pic with Lawrence Block was taken on Saturday at the lounge of SoHo Grand Hotel. Both News and Summertime were sitting with me at the corner when Tony was chatting with Block and later taken photos with him.

I am afraid that Tony didn't get his autograph after all. Or maybe he did after we left. I am not sure...
news

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject:

HK film star Tony Leung in US for "2046" promotion

www.chinaview.cn 2005-05-11 19:04:49

HONG KONG, May 11 (Xinhuanet) -- Hong Kong film star Tony Leung, hero of the film "2046," is in the United States for a three-week promotion and has attracted much attention of the local media, the Hong Kong based Oriental Daily News reported Wednesday.

The Chinese language newspaper said as the Sony Picture Entertainment, "2046" distribution for North American regions, has high expectations of the film, the company arranged a full promotion schedule for Tony Leung.

He visited New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago and some other cities and received interviews from over 100 media agencies.

Karin Catt, a photographer who had taken pictures for Bill Clinton and Gorge W. Bush, specially took a cover picture for Leung for the male edition of VOGUE, said the daily.

The daily quoted Tony Leung as saying that "I feel like as busy as running for a president election."

The New York Times predicted on its May 8th edition that Leung will be one of the five popular film stars this summer.

Reading book is one of Tony Leung's hobby in his spare time and he likes the detective novels written by Lawrence Block. Leung specially took time to meet with Lawrence Block in New York.

Described as Asia's Clark Gable and heart-throb film star in Hong Kong, Tony Leung has obtained many film awards in the past few years including the "Best Actor" award of Cannes Film Festivaland the latest Hong Kong Film Award for his role in the futuristicromance "2046" directed by Wong Kar-wai.

Leung's next role will be the master of Bruce Lee, a famous Hong Kong gongfu star. The film is to be directed by Leung's old partner Wong Kar-wai.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-05/11/content_2945530.htm
Cuc

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject:

does anyone know when that vogue issue is comming out?
Pungyo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Vogue

September 6th of this year! Yay!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Cuc wrote:
does anyone know when that vogue issue is comming out?

I guess you didn't read all the previous posts....
out on 6th September 2005
7thclouds

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: it is MENS VOGUE....

Hi ya there... Very Happy
As I wrote already several times, the point everyone had wondered was...
what the male version of VOGUE does mean?
And as I found and wrote already,
the male version of VOGUE will be, probably, called
MENS VOGUE..that will be newly published in the USA on 6th September Very Happy

The matter is that...
At the moment, (until 6th September 2005)
there are just two existing male versions in EU countries:
VOGUE HOMME (France) UNO VOGUE (Italy)...
And, exactly saying until 6th September 2005,
there is NO male edition of VOGUE in the USA,
however, according to the marketing site that i found and cited before, VOGUE is very firstly going to publish
a male version of VOGUE magazine in the USA.
On 6th September 2005...the very first MENS VOGUE will be put on the market in the USA.[/b]MENS VOGUE is the name of male version of VOGUE in the USA then, presumably, that is the male version of VOGUE on where Tony's photo is going to be put, as i wrote several times.

PS;
Well, if the male version of VOGUE is going to be the existing French VOGUE HOMME or Italy UOMO VOGUE, then it would be quite funny enough... if you think of that Tony was there for his USA Promotion and that even the USA male version of VOGUE is going to be published at the very right time in this fall film season... Wink I think/suppose the male version of VOGUE is MENS VOGUE which will be put on the market on 6th September 2005... Smile

And I, as I wrote already in this thread several times, am amazed by Tony's perfectionism Smile even at his promtion. Cool
I hope he will enjoy his relaxing time... after the critically busy dence days in his promotion. Smile

goodday all dearest tony love
or goodnight all
7thclouds(mari t)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:

(5/11/2005)

2046 has been scheduled for an early August North American release. Tony Leung Chiu Wai recently has been on a three week long promotional tour in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and even Midwest cities like Minneapolis and talked with nearly 100 media outlets. Wai Jai said, "I feel like I am running for President!" Vogue magazine indeed asked Karin Catt who is famous for shooting Clinton and Bush to conduct Wai Jai's photo shoot. He has received the Presidential treatment.

During the tight schedule, Wai Jai took time to meet with his favorite detective novel writer Lawrence Block in New York. When Wai Jai made CITY OF SADNESS (BEI CHING SING SI) in Taiwan fifteen years ago director Hou Hsiao-Hsien introduced him to read Block's work and he made a loyal reader. Block has learned about Leung Chiu Wai's success from his soon to be collaborator Wong Kar Wai. On this rare chance to meet, Mr. and Mrs. Block has watched 2046 and praised his performance. They even admired his blue and wasted quality. Perhaps he would write a detective or a hitman script with inspiration from Leung Chiu Wai.

Director Ang Lee who is in New York also played host and treated Wai Jai to a meal in Manhattan. Ang Lee is currently working on the post production for his new film DUEN BEI SAN (BROKEN ARM MOUNTAIN). Wai Jai also took the chance to ask Ang Lee for wuxia film advice in preparation for his story about Bruce Lee's mentor, YIP MUN JUEN (YIP MUN BIOGRAPHY). They also made a pact that when they run into appropriate subjects they will definitely work together.

While Wai Jai was in America, many Hollywood producers and directors hoped to meet with him about collaboration opportunities. Director Martin Scorsese has been working on the English adaptation of INFERNAL AFFAIRS (MO GAN DOH). Wai Jai originally wanted to visit the set but due to the tight schedule he could not.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2038/050511.html
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: