TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

In the Mood for Action

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
news

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: In the Mood for Action

April 28, 2005
In the Mood for Action

During an interview this morning with Tony Leung Chiu-wai, I asked him about his next project. Here's what he had to say:

What are you doing next?
Me and Kar-wai will do another movie next year. A kung fu movie about the master of Bruce Lee. I will start training after this promotional trip.

What will the approach be? Will the film be slow and delicate like IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE?
I think we want to do something different. These 10 years time I think we are doing the same movie: we start from DAYS OF BEING WILD to 2046, we are somehow doing the same thing. One time we talked on the set and said we should do something different, at least for the audience. They want something different from us. So why not a kung fu movie? We never did a kung fu movie before. A pure kung fu movie, especially one set in the 60's, could be very popular.

Will it be historically accurate, or feature more action?
I think it will feature more action. I have to start training after I get home. I plan to train for six months. Because if you're the master of Bruce Lee, you should at least look like it.

An action movie from Wong Kar-wai and Tony Leung? Who'd've thunk it?
Here's a link, http://www.china.org.cn/english/features/film/110254.htm , with some of this info as well.

http://www.kaijushakedown.com/interviews/index.html
7thclouds

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: so clear for the next project with WKW, then?

Thanks news, then it seems to me that the next Tony in filming project relating with IPman by director WKW appeared to be quite sound now and there seems to be a clear go sign for putting the film forward...right? that is good... Very Happy
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> The Latest Tony News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: