TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Anyone with info about Wong Kar Wai's project 'The Master' ?

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Anyone with info about Wong Kar Wai's project 'The Master' ?

Here's a piece of info I found on the WKW website :
----
Even with 2046 still half-baked, Wong Kar-wai has added another project to his schedule - YAT DOI JUNG SI (YI DAI ZONG SHI / translation: THE MASTER), a biopic of Bruce Lee's master Yip Man. Leung Chiu-wai will play the role of Yip Man, which has been turned down by Stephen Chow four years ago. To prepare for this role, Leung Chiu-wai will start a four to six-month training of Yip Man's martial art style called Ving Tsun.[..]
--------

Is this still a 'live' project ? Or has it been shelved..
news

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject:

The project is still active. More info can be found in some of the articles posted under the news section of this discussion board.
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject:

WKW website:
Quote:
To prepare for this role, Leung Chiu-wai will start a four to six-month training of Yip Man's martial art style called Ving Tsun.

Wow! I will love to see his sexy body love
bob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject:

news wrote:
The project is still active. More info can be found in some of the articles posted under the news section of this discussion board.

Can you be more specific ? Can't find anything. The IMDB doesn't have anything listed as well...
news

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject:

bob wrote:
news wrote:

Can you be more specific ? Can't find anything. The IMDB doesn't have anything listed as well...

IMDB doesn't have the information because the project hasn't started it yet. Below are two sources in which the film was being mentioned about.

Translated by Looney Tune:

For those who is wondering what is cooking on Tony’s next project with Wong Kar Wai, the Ipman Biography…

Tony is to go into training on Wing Chun for 6 months to play his role as Ipman, the Master.

Wong Kar Wai, who is doing preparatory work on “Woman from Shanghai”, is developing Ipman in his mind. He told Tony that he will not be using special effects, and requested for Tony to train up on Wing Chun. Tony who has sustained injury in his last action film Seoul Raiders, were put off by action movies. After a long consideration, he has decided to take this up as a challenge for himself, and is willing to start training from scratch.

Tony has garnered numerous Best Actor awards throughout the years. What other possibilities does Tony have on screen? Tony asked himself. He is going to use half a year’s time to give a different result to the audience.

Tony has sustained internal injury while filming SR (true???). He is seeking treatment from Chinese physician, and jogs regularly to get the circulation going to dispel the clogged blood, before he can start training. Ipman’s son is going to teach Tony, and will start off slow at 1-2 hrs a day, and slowly building up.

Ipman said that “it is hard for s disciple to select a good master, and it is also hard for a master to select a good disciple.”. Wong Kar Wai and Ipamn’s son wants to show on screen the power of Wing Chun Fist.

Tony has acted in many kungfu movies before. After appearing in Hero, he felt tired in mind and body, possibly because of being too engrossed in the role. Tony has now adjusted his mind set,and become more confident, looking forward to a new breakthrough with Wong Kar Wai.

http://www.tonyleung.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2742
-----------------

Phone Interview by Tony Leung Chui Wai on Seol Raiders

“I haven’t had a rest for a long time now. After finishing 2046, I had to do promotion work. Following that was Seoul Raiders. I need a break and time off to do other things,” said the award-winning actor.

He will be going to the United States to promote 2046 later this year, and will be taking lessons on Wing Chun martial arts in preparation for his role in Wong Kar Wai’s upcoming martial arts movie called Yat Doi Chong Si (loosely translated as The Master of a Generation). Filming is scheduled for end of the year.

“We are supposed to shoot the film at the end of this year, but I asked Wong Kar Wai to postpone it till summertime of 2006, because I don’t think it is suitable to film a martial arts movie during winter,” he said.

“I am giving myself about half a year to learn martial arts, because I want the character to look convincing.”

http://www.tonyleung.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2645
bob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

Thanks a lot !! This is very helpful. I am teaching Wing Chun myself and also a fan of Wong Kar Wai's work, so you can imagine my interest. Thanks again !
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Articles All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: