TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Tony You have lots of fans in U.S. - don't forget us!

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfokahlua

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Tony You have lots of fans in U.S. - don't forget us!

Dear Tony This is the first website I have ever really visited more than a couple of times - and certainly the first I've written to - its because I am such a big fan of yours! I loved you in ITMFL, but last year seeing you in Hero and Infernal Affairs - I'm doomed!!!! You are a terrific talent (gorgeous goes without saying). Laughing

I'm delighted you'll be in U.S., and I truly hope you not only meet Scorcese (one of THE best directors Ever- period), but that he has a great script, great role, and gets you to play in it! You truly are amazingly talented, and I'd love to see you in more fine films w/good scripts - like the ones I've listed. Please let us know if we can see you in L.A. I'm in San Francisco and would fly down as I know others would.
Meanwhile, I am breaking the bank buying DVDs from Yes Asia.com so I can see your many films. All the best!
Tony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: trip to L.A.

I'll stop by L.A for a few days in May.I don't know the exact date yet.
sfokahlua

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Tony thank you for response - you've a wonderful way!

Tony - Oh my gosh! I was off helping my brother fix up his house for sale (all weekend painting & cleaning -I'm so tired and sore) - and I get back today and see you replied to my email! What a class act - I can't believe you took the time to actually respond - thank you, it means a lot.

I hope you can truly take in just how much I and the others on this website love you and your work - and how much enjoyment you provide to others. I just want to repeat that I love your performances in all the films I've seen (now over 12 of them, but most of the others you've made aren't subtitled in English - and I haven't found any place local that teaches Cantonese, only Mandarin). I can't get over how sensitive of an actor you are - and I think you must be a very sensitive, soulful man - also a bit of a loner like me (being a horse, I think I'm pretty intuitive). While you are very different in different roles (good acting), there is a piece of you that comes thru in all your roles which I think is the real you - and it is actually quite wonderful (I could gush here, but it would be embarrassing for you no doubt, as well as for me Embarassed ).

I honestly hope you have had a wonderful vacation. Silly, but I'm a little worried that there is something wrong for you right now - I hope there is no truth to the illness rumors, or just as importantly, I hope all is well for you emotionally. We all have such pressures in our lives, and if you are in a rough patch, I hope it doesn't last long and provides you the insight and clarity it was meant to do. In any event - no one could wish for better things for you than I.

Please let us all know where and when we can meet with you in LA and Chicago. I HOPE HOPE HOPE to see you in more films soon and am looking forward to the US premiere of 2046 (I already bought 2046 - you were incredible, your acting range was great and I can't wait for the big screen!)

May all be well with you from an American friend - Deb
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Communicate with Tony All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: