TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

25 June 2004 Tony celebrated birthday with Mainland fans

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Schedule
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Info

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: 25 June 2004 Tony celebrated birthday with Mainland fans

Tony celebrated his birthday with Mainland fans in Shanghai.

http://the-sun.com.hk/channels/ent/20040626/20040626002810_0003.html

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/cgi-bin/nsrch.cgi?seq=401502

http://www.singpao.com/20040626/gossip/569933.html

Last edited by Info on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Info

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject:

The following is a live report of the party from qing. Thanks qing.

Tony’s birthday in Shanghai

With the kind help of Steffi, Mu99le, Becky and many others, including Looney & all the kind Shanghainese frenz, I had the good fortune to attend TL’s Bday party in Shanghai. It was a great experience. This is a very brief outline of what happened.

Assembled at 430pm.
Money was collected and we were split into groups. I was group 4.
Went to St Regis Hotel, a 6 star hotel.
HK press was all there. They took many photos of us.
We sat at table 4. There was a buffet spread, it all looked very grand. TL came in at about 610pm.

He waved, greeted, and accepted some gifts prepared for him. We watched a video clip for him and then he went to talk to the press while we just waited. After about 15mins, he finished and went to the 1st table to talk to the fans.

He went on this way while we ate. Halfway thru the 2nd table, he excused himself and wandered around the buffet spread for some food. He finally went to the salad section and picked up all the baby tomatoes. He returned back to the 2nd table. The other fans at other tables who saw this went to grab plates and prepared plates of tomatoes for him as well.

He finally came to our table at around 8 plus.

The girls at my table spoke to him too but I only can remember my conversations with him clearly. Managed to talk to him briefly a few times. Very polite fellow. Makes eye contact when he talks to you. My questions probably sound damn silly but at that time, I couldn’t think of what to ask also. All I wanted was to get the chance to talk to him.

Our first exchange
Me: I’m from Singapore. Do you intend to come to Singapore one day as well for a party? You are hardly here, you have many fans in Singapore.”
He covered his hands with his face, and grinned: I do come to Singapore, but I’m always in a rush. Ya… maybe… if possible… yeah
Me: Ya, I understand, you are really busy also.
TL: Ya, but hopefully, one day I will.”
Me: ok, on behalf of Singapore fans I thank you. (This is a bloody cheesy line. I dunno what came over me. Haha.)

Our second exchange

Me: Besides Wong’s new Kung Fu movie, what other new movies are you planning lately?
TL: I probably will be doing Tokyo Raiders Part 2 in August. In SH.
A Fan: But it will be very hot.
He looks depressed at this news.
TL: Really? But its ok…

We get interrupted as he needs to take group photos. 20 minutes after we all return to our tables, the 1st person he turns to is me and he says, “So, you are from Singapore? When did you arrive? Today?”
Me: No, I work here actually, today had time off. But will be flying home tomorrow.

After that, we ate cake. Then there was a lucky draw. The winners won items from TL. Items he brought from HK that belonged to him. The lucky winners won T-shirts, handkerchief, caps and even a jacket(!) from him.

Our 3rd exchange
Photo taking.
We took individual shots. When it was my turn the photographer said, “She’s from Singapore!”
He: Ya, I know.
I said thanks when I was taking the shot with him. And after that, I grasped his hands and said Thanks again. He went, “no prob.” Seeing him close up, he suddenly looked very tired.

Our last exchange
Finally at 10, he went from table to table to sign autographs. I was the last from my table to get him to sign. My item was the biggest, this ITMFL poster. He looked at it and went, “You bought this in Singapore?”
Me: No, from HK
Him: I see. Where do you want me to sign…?
Me: I dunno leh… how bout… (me looking for a good location like an idiot)
Him (holding a silver marker): How about here? (points to a black area). Its black, easier to see.
Me: Ok, can sign a bit bigger?
Him: Sure

After that, we all left at about 1030pm. It was a great time. Good food too.
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Schedule All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: