TONYLEUNG.INFO
THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)

THIS IS AN ARCHIVAL DISCUSSION BOARD (2003-2012)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE NEW BOARD

Can you tell a reason that you like Tony Leung?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenlim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Electra Here.

Anonymous wrote:
maybe because he's like my father Cool

Oh my God. This so applies to me. I stopped having a crush on Tony from January to yesterday because my mom pointed out that Tony kinda looks like my dad. That was so freaking bad! Ugh, yuck, hand me some soap!

Yesterday I saw his Cannes pictures and realized, hey, he's gorgeous, and a brilliant actor, so who cares if my mom thinks he looks like my dad?! Besides, there was this one time my mother went on a business trip to Brunei and claimed that the guys there looked like my dad so, what are the odds that Tony look-alikes are crawling all over Brunei, eating halal and dealing oil? I love her, but she needs more vitamin A.
andy's angel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: what tolike about tony..

Wink Laughing

jemlin--that's very FUNNY !!!! I think--yourmother needs to go lie down...ha!!! RELAX... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject:

Cantonese. Tony and my dad are both Cantonese.
I think he looks like my dad too - when my dad was young.
I'm daddy's girl, so yes, I wld have wanted someone just like dad.
He's just the kind of guy I dreamed of bringing home when we were all younger. Sigh - that is not to be .... Sad Wink
andy's angel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: what you like about tony...

Wink Wink

This is what the Greeks called--Oidepus Rex... & girls do this with their dads..as boys do with their mums...all very natural & normal.
Why, parenthood is such a huge & profound responsibility.

Wink Cool Anyhow, all changes as one gets older & starts having 'experience & having a 'sense of Self'--you'll see..

And Tony will be all 'an Image' of all this infatuation...& you start separating the real person fr the image the actor 'projects in his roles.. Wink
Monke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: for me...

i'm drawn more because of his acting. sure he's handsome and everything, but for me takeshi kaneshiro and daniel wu won in the looks department.

as in tony, he got this special quality. especially when he's acting sad or distressed, he got that look in his eye that makes you wanna hug him and tell him everything's gonna be okay...
karen goh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject:

I cannot be more agree with all of you, Tony's faithful fans. I like him the first time I watched him on TV, all the TV series with TVB and starting off with his first movies. That was 20 plus years ago and I m still a faithful fan of his. I bought his first cassette and I love all the songs in there. In fact until today I listen to his voice and songs to and from work every day while driving. If I dont hear his voice I feel something is amiss. No matter how good or bad the critics are to any of his movie or acting I will definetly watch the movie. And in malaysia we have Astro Celestial channel and I will not miss the screening of his movie no matter frequent or how many times it has been rerun. Even my husband thought I m a fanatic fan of his. The only moive that i missed out watching are Happy together as it was banned in M'sia. I like him, his acting and all of him very much. And continue to support him no matter he is married or single, and if he continue to act i will continue to watch his movies.
Will be faithful till death and continue to heaven. Embarassed Wink Surprised Laughing Shocked Arrow Embarassed Cool Confused Smile Sad Surprised
Tony Grrl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject:

WOW Karen! You wanna join my private Yahoo group? Just email me with the subject heading Waijailodais at tonygrrl@btopenworld.com
Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
themelo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: sgsdg

i grew up in hong kong in the 80s and watched police cadet as a kid. police cadet was my favorite show, i wanted to be a cop and tony leung was my idol. i even got my hair cut like him for my school picture.

i moved to america in 91 when i was around 9 years old, since then i've lived in LA nad gotten americanized, slowly leaving behind the "hong kong" mentality and lifestyle. i grew into an american kid, liking rock music and sports. Is till watch HK flicks here and there, but not really into the whole hong kong thing... until one day I saw Infernal Affairs. Right away I got interested in HK stuff again, and once agian Tony Leung becamse my favorite actor. It's funny how things come in a full circle, I was a huge fan of tony leung wheni was 5 years old, then I grew outta it and 16 years later I'm back where I started-- a huge fan of tony leung and I've been growing out my hair trying to look like his Chan Wing Yan character, LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Great that you came "home"Smile When you get your hair lookin like Yan's be sure to post a photo and let us have a look at you Very Happy

TLCW Fan UK
jenlim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Tony Hair?

Oh, you had it all, complete with Police Cadet haircut? That's so adorable, themelo. So cute! Very Happy

Feelings can creep up just like that.
Felicia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject:

One reason? I can tell you 100s of reasons. But the most important reason is that he's so down to earth. He's a incredible actor, I don't have to say that to you guys. But he just looks like a handsome guy around the corner, he's just so normal and simple. In such a normal and simple guy is hidden an incredible terrific handsome actor. That's the most important thing what I like about him.
penguinbrat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I like Tony because we are both born in the year of the Tiger!

Alright, seriously I admired his acting and singing talent. As an actor, he tends to merged himself into that particular movie character. As a singer, he sings from his heart. He is a remarkable artiste.
iluvLeslieCheung

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:

he's so handsome and adorable!
his shy personality attracts me...haha.
but mostly is because i see him in some of Leslie's movies. Smile
but i love Tony so much! haha. and Tony made me fall in love with Carina also. hehe Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Great picture of Tony! Very Happy

When I saw the movie "Happy Together", I was on 7th heaven to see both my favourite actors together.
theroane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject:

It is hard to narrow it down to one reason, isn't it? I came for the acting talent and skill. I am an actor, too, and he is amazingly talented. I stayed because of the kindness and generosity he has shown to his fans, which I learned about on this board. He is proof of what my favorite author says, that truly talented people are usually the nicest ones, because they have nothing to prove.

I don't think it's a bad thing to admire someone because he's like your dad. I will be 40 soon, and I know now that a husband who was like my dad was--mature, strong, generous, loving--would be a very good thing. The "bad boys" had an appeal when I was in my 20's, but I'm grown now! Laughing

Jenlim--I think it's sweet that your mom thinks your dad looks like Tony. She must still be in love!
   www.tonyleung.info Forum Index -> Tony Leung Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: